FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo suburban

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alex Peitz tuned it, whatever dyno he was using at the time. Had some fabrication to the bumper and had to modify original brackets for intercooler. Had to get electric fans/harness. A few other nic nacs. All in all, I was impressed with the kit. Alex should be tuning it this evening or tomorrow. Numbers will then be posted. Haven't ran her yet, can't tell you much on the trans yet.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-24-2017, 07:21 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

First thing I'd do is trade that nice 60E for an 80E somehow. And don't let anyone tell you those earlier motors are "weak". They won't do quite what the 04+ shortblocks will but they are by no means weak. My old LM7 took a ton of abuse and had a bottle after bottle shoved through it and then it was turbo'd for a lot of miles and the only reason it gave up is I got greedy with the tuning and broke a piston from lean detonation. That thing saw a lot of 7200 RPM shifts for years on an untouched shortblock. That motor was a trooper.

I wouldn't worry about any other mods until you swap that 60E for something stronger, the diffs are fine for now unless you drive like a drunk 18yr old on a daily basis.

Never heard of that tuner but with the right cam and tuning those numbers aren't out of the realm of possibility. The 35's aren't really hurting you since you have the proper gearing for them.