FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo or blower?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by LPCWS6
If I could do it again I would still want a turbo although I would have bought a house first so I would have a place to work on it myself or bought one that somebody else built and saved myself a lot of money. The money I have spent on my truck makes me want to and it ain't never done!

cool, thanks!

as for the money... well i'm not a drinker, dont touch drugs & dont gamble i would but i can barely afford my HP addiction lol out of the 10 or so toy's i had true the years i can honestly say not one was ever "finish" to the point i wanted themto be, as for buying some else build i tried that with my zo6 it was h/c/i bolt ons already but i still swapped h/c/i on it and added nitrous so that didnt work out to well LoL before that i bought a custom 95 gmc show truck on bags was in a few magazines it was sweet but i felt like i was driving some one elses dream after i put it back in shape sold it! so this time around i just wanted a stock truck to start with

Last edited by stroker87; 01-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe it's apples to oranges or I'm missing something, but as far as turbo reliability I'm kinda confused here. I've driven big trucks all my life and so has my family and we dont have turbo issues. I mean , I know there diesel but , they're still turbos doing the same function and are driven from coast to coast . I have over 800,000mile on my peterbuilt with 0 turbo issues . Bring me up to speed on this guys !
Old 01-27-2017, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Furyflyinjim, your taking about turbo engines that was designed by millions of dollars of researching before put into production every part and part placement was well thought out as where we're just converting to turbo and making stuff work around whats currently there

i wasn't asking about the turbo itself more about every thing that will be around it since i herd a lot of stories of the turbo's burning things up thats next to them
Old 01-27-2017, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

So did you order your Trick Turbo kit yet? lol
Old 01-27-2017, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Choda
So did you order your Trick Turbo kit yet? lol
no, i waiting to hear back from the machine shop to figure out rods & pistons for the 6.2 and have to get the trans out of my zo6 to have it gone over and a new clutch setup so.... ordering the turbo is probably 2 months out at this point