Originally Posted by crashmymax
You can buy another truck and have both
done that lol rather have the zo6 & truck

my 87 & last 04 lq4/4l80e

Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
how many miles have you put on your setup? how often are you fixing something?
I'm not sure how many miles. It was my only vehicle for about 9 months after the turbo install, the turbo has been on the truck over 2 years. The only thing I burned up was one of my AC lines, my oil filler cap is pretty warped from getting hot, and part of my inner fender was touching my down pipe. That said I have had other problems with the truck but I consider most of them having to do with the shop that installed my turbo kit just trying to get my truck out the door. I should also add that I live in Phoenix and have driven the truck on many days where the temp was over 100 outside.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:56 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

so yeah i'm looking for 600+ wheel with a 6.2L FI but want to be able to take my wife to dinner, go to a car meet or whatever

what i am asking about is the daily drivability and dependability when i'm NOT @ WOT,

i have HPtuners and was thinking i can have a daily tune and a brake stuff tune
A nice 70-76mm turbo setup or a 2.3-2.9L blower and you will be just fine if everything is set up right, you just have to decide if you would rather hear a whistle or a whine
Old 01-12-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

i have HPtuners and was thinking i can have a daily tune and a brake stuff tune
If you go turbo just get a electronic boost controller. I have a Eboost 2 and have multiple boost settings. I just had my truck converted to run flex fuel and have 4 boost setting. I have a hi and low boost setting for 91 octane with meth, a high setting for E54 (we don't have E85 out in Arizona anymore), and another one for if I throw some T85 or T98 in it. If I have enough ethanol in my tank I can go from 5XX rwhp to over 800 at the push of a button. For normal driving I leave the boost low if I want to play I just push a button.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:10 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I always had mine set on kill, just used my foot to control how much power I wanted

If you want/need help on tuning whatever setup you decide on let me know! I do email tuning through my vendor account (Atomic Performance).
Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
If you want/need help on tuning whatever setup you decide on let me know! I do email tuning through my vendor account (Atomic Performance).
i know lol

LPCWS6, that kinda what i'm looking to do be able to switch between power levels depending on my mood or whats next to me, once you worked out the problems how has it been? would you go turbo again?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:09 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

going to install a 6.2 in my 04 rcsb 2wd i'm set on FI, have nitrous on my zo6 and its a PITA bottle temps, filling bottles, pressure loss, take bottles out put them in yada yada yada

i'm looking for the pro's and con's of each?

i'm looking for 600+ rwhp reliable street friendly daily, turbo's are badass but i'm getting feedback that there high maintenance & melt any thing near them. blowers i hear get heat soaked and have belt slip problems

so please post what you have? how reliable is your setup? what problems you've had? how much power you making? (1/4 mile stats would be awesome)

thanks
Check out Chodas build.
He has gone from 500hp daily to now 600+ still daily driver.
Same kit he has had for years 60k miles.

Key will be good solid tuning. Miss that it won't matter what power adder
At best won't make the power.
At worse destroy the engine.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickTurbo
Check out Chodas build.
He has gone from 500hp daily to now 600+ still daily driver.
Same kit he has had for years 60k miles.

Key will be good solid tuning. Miss that it won't matter what power adder
At best won't make the power.
At worse destroy the engine.
thanks!

I was able to pm Choda and we text'd a little and i looked at his post, its helping me sway to the turbo side!

from what i'm seeing after spending a lot of time online and asking questions is kit quality, components used and skill of the installer all have to come together to have a reliable setup along with the tuner other wise its problem city!

I'm confident in my installing skills but im not able to mod any of the hot or cold pipe (no access to a tig welder) are any guys having fitment problems on the 99 06 2wd trucks? if some are, what are the problem areas?
Old 01-13-2017, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Great convo today, txt me anytime to shoot the breeze.

For the record

Bone stock 266 hp 295 tq.
Tune and intake 285 hp 318 tq
1st turbo at 6psi 377 hp 411 tq ( gained 111 hp and 116 tq to the tires from stock )
kept upping the boost and upgrades...
now 16 psi and meth on mild 5.3 630 hp 630 tq ( gained 364 hp 345 tq from stock )
averaging 23 hp and 21 tq per psi wither every stage of the build.

I'm closing in on 70K miles being turbo and couldn't be happier. daily driven in buffalo, Family trips, towing, racing...
Old 01-13-2017, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

i know lol

LPCWS6, that kinda what i'm looking to do be able to switch between power levels depending on my mood or whats next to me, once you worked out the problems how has it been? would you go turbo again?
I haven't had any problems that I really blame on the turbo or feel like couldn't have been avoided pretty easily. If I could do it again I would still want a turbo although I would have bought a house first so I would have a place to work on it myself or bought one that somebody else built and saved myself a lot of money. The money I have spent on my truck makes me want to and it ain't never done!