FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick turbo installation and review

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax

Thanks. Yes ill be puting the factory driver's side back on. Luckily I still have it, almost scraped it.

Any luck selling the tacoma yet? I'm curious to see how things go with your accumulated parts.
Haha....no luck. It's priced pretty good, but nothing. As soon as I buy a truck I'll get the rest of the parts and order a kit from Trick or Spike or KB. A lot of great feedback on all kits. I don't like the WG mounted underneath the truck in the crossover pipe and Mario from Spike said he could make the kit with a top mounted WG.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

That transcooler and IC setup looks very familiar. Lol. You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by YAMAHAGUY
Haha....no luck. It's priced pretty good, but nothing. As soon as I buy a truck I'll get the rest of the parts and order a kit from Trick or Spike or KB. A lot of great feedback on all kits. I don't like the WG mounted underneath the truck in the crossover pipe and Mario from Spike said he could make the kit with a top mounted WG.
Out of all the searching i did i never came across spike performance.

Originally Posted by Choda
That transcooler and IC setup looks very familiar. Lol. You won't be disappointed.
Lol. I am going to add a picture of my front end to my signature like yours to. Good thing i have a billet grill or there would be all kinds of confusion.
You have put some miles on your truck since your install hows is everything holding up?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be doing this in the near future myself. Exited to see another turbo come together
Old 02-10-2016, 07:26 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Often times the wastegate actually works better in the crossover underneath than up by the turbo. So dont discount it just because its different. Hundreds of kits out there with that setup working just fine.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax
Lol. I am going to add a picture of my front end to my signature like yours to. Good thing i have a billet grill or there would be all kinds of confusion.
You have put some miles on your truck since your install hows is everything holding up?
the turbo kit is great. Been over 60k miles of daily abuse up here in Buffalo.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Hundreds of kits out there with that setup working just fine.
True statement. We use to put them down there.
Had the same luck in both locations, low or hi.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gate size and placement is key, I prefer them here but also makes it little more work to recirculate it compared to in crossover
Attached Thumbnails Trick turbo installation and review-1224151916.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-0106161910.jpg  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
Gate size and placement is key, I prefer them here but also makes it little more work to recirculate it compared to in crossover
I'm sure it is just fine since it has been tried and true. I don't know as much as the rest of you when it comes to a Turbo system, but I'm with George C.... on this when it comes to easier to work on(at least it looks like it is) and I just don't want something so important being that close to debris on the road by the slightest chance it may come in contact with the WG. If I had to purchase a kit with it in the crossover I will, just not my first choice. Maybe fab up a guard to ease my mind if I had one in the crossover.

Anyways, I hope you post a video and cant wait to hear that thing spool up
Old 02-10-2016, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Had a few minutes of down time this morning before I had to get to work but got a little bit done. I also received all the hot side stuff yesterday. I will unbox it and go over everything on my break.

I have an extra step because of the long tubes but got all that stuff removed.
Attached Thumbnails Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-001.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-002.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-003.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-005.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-006.jpg  

Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-007.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-008.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-009.jpg   Trick turbo installation and review-trick-turbo-kit-010.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trick turbo installation and review