FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

threaded ait sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default threaded ait sensor

I think my truck has a little boost leak somewhere. The truck squeals like a pig under boost, not your normal turbo whistle. My current AIT sensor is held in by just a rubber grommet and I would like to change it to a threaded sensor. What would be a direct plug and play sensor for what I have now. The truck is a 05 silverado.

Also if anybody has any other suggestions of what would make a truck squeal under boost I'm all ears.

Other than the noise the truck seems to be running good. I did throw a p0606 code last week at a half mile race ( I'm not positive that was the code). My tuner thinks I maxed some sort of table out in the tune so he rescaled it. So hopefully that won't happen again.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:10 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Any of the aftermarket IAT sensors will work, and most are 3/8npt threads. Curious what your current setup is...do you have any pictures?

Squealing is probably the belt or collapsing the elbow to the turbo if you have a flimsy one.

Havent seen a p0606 but it sounds like the PCM is shorting from a broken or damaged wire somewhere.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a picture. The truck used to have a pro flow intake, ls3 TB and a different pipe feeding the TB. It didn't make the noise back when I had that setup. So I figure it has something to do with the new set up and something leaking under boost. I think it only makes the noise under probably 8 or more lbs of boost but then again I haven't tried revving it up in neutral to if it's rpm or boost related. I was just assuming it was boost related.
Attached Thumbnails threaded ait sensor-20170319_133902.jpg