FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Service Brakes Soon message

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Brakes Soon message

Hi Guys;

I get the occasional "Service Brakes Soon" message, which my dealer tells me is a result of the supercharger tapping into the brake power (?)

Has anybody had this problem and do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

The truck runs fine, but it would be nice to stop the message from popping up occasionally.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take out the pile oh **** supplied check valve and use the stock one.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Take out the pile oh **** supplied check valve and use the stock one.

Sorry, I dont understand, what check valve?
You wouldnt have a part number would you?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Im in the same boat, some more info please!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

I will probably call magnacharger, and then I can post some updates. It is actually good that this is happening to more than just me. It means that somewhere out there (like the truth, Molnar ) is a solution.

If you still think your exhaust is too loud, or you have concerns about getting spotted by the cops when you finally get the chance to blow some "sight seeing tourist's" doors off, give this thread a read.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=419290
I went through a bit of exhaust tuning myself.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I was told from the dealer, this is a common problem on 07+ GM trucks without the S/C. When I first got the message I took my truck in and the tech went over the system and could not find anything wrong. They told me to let them know if it happens again. About 3 months later, it showed up again. I took it back in and they couldn't find anything wrong. The dealer said if it persists, they would log some info from my truck and send it into GM.

Not sure about pre 07 models.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by VMaxAZ
From what I was told from the dealer, this is a common problem on 07+ GM trucks without the S/C. When I first got the message I took my truck in and the tech went over the system and could not find anything wrong. They told me to let them know if it happens again. About 3 months later, it showed up again. I took it back in and they couldn't find anything wrong. The dealer said if it persists, they would log some info from my truck and send it into GM.

Not sure about pre 07 models.
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to put this here, in case someone has the same problem, and Google leads them here. I had the "Service Brakes Soon" annoyance on a 2012 Chevy Avalanche. It would only come on intermittently, usually on the highway. First try was a new Brake Booster Sensor, which did not do the trick. I tracked it down to being a leaking O-ring between the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster. You can fix this in about 15 minutes. Remove the Master cylinder from Brake Booster by taking off two 15mm Nuts. Remove old O-Ring, and replace with new O-Ring. I used a slightly thicker O-Ring just trying to get a better seal. That cured the "Service Brakes Soon" for good. Brakes felt better under foot also. Hope this helps someone, it's a tough one to track down.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisg19
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to put this here, in case someone has the same problem, and Google leads them here. I had the "Service Brakes Soon" annoyance on a 2012 Chevy Avalanche. It would only come on intermittently, usually on the highway. First try was a new Brake Booster Sensor, which did not do the trick. I tracked it down to being a leaking O-ring between the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster. You can fix this in about 15 minutes. Remove the Master cylinder from Brake Booster by taking off two 15mm Nuts. Remove old O-Ring, and replace with new O-Ring. I used a slightly thicker O-Ring just trying to get a better seal. That cured the "Service Brakes Soon" for good. Brakes felt better under foot also. Hope this helps someone, it's a tough one to track down.
Thanks for posting your solution, I'm sure it'll help someone in the future!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM

Default Dealer says they found a fix

So I have a 2011 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 All Terrian 5.3L. had the dreaded service brakes soon message pop up a couple times in the past 6 months. Finally got it into to the dealer under extended warranty and the service manager called sat and said it was the brake booster they are ordering a new one and should be in by Monday or Tues. Symptoms of the issue were code C0299, soft brake pedal, and the message. So we will see once I pick the truck up later this week once they call and tell me it's ready. Just a little FYI for people searching the topic and don't have a extended warranty to fall back on. Save someone from chasing their tail.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:21 AM
Teching In

See,everyone is finding ways to get demselves sum boost.

Quick Reply: Service Brakes Soon message