FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix Retro on a '02 Silverado questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Retro on a '02 Silverado questions

I just got done installing the blower on my 5.3. But the blower wasnt made to fit on an 02 so it doesnt have a throttle cable bracket. And also on an 03 silverado the PCV on the passenger side that runs from the heads to the intake manifold is different. On mt truck the pcv hose runs directly in the throttle body. I capped off the throttle body port and just ran it to the intake where the instructions say to run it. Is that ok? Also i have to make my own throttle cable bracket but dont have any places to mount it. I thought about taking the nut off the front cover of the blower using a torque wrench and thrn installing the throttle cable there but was weary of taking the bolt off the blower. Need some ideas.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:20 AM

Forgot one question. Also there is a cluster of vacuum ports on the drivers side of the blower near the front. The pictures were hard to see. So i just tried to depict what hoses went where the best i could. Is there any diagrams i can look at to know?
Old 01-06-2017, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

On your stock engine, the air for PCV is routed this way: filtered air comes out of the port on the throttle, enters the engine through one valve cover, exits the other valve cover, goes through the PCB valve, and enters the intake manifold. If you put one of the lines to the manifold, it will pressurize the crankcase when you are in boost. Most guys run the lines to a catch can and vent the fumes to the atmosphere so that they are not oiling the intake tract.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:36 AM

So would be fine to cap off the throttle body port for tge fresh air supply to the crank and just have it pull from the intake like the maggie instructions say? The reason idid this was because the blower moves the throttle body left and i tried to put it to the TB but the hose kinked because of the angle. So i capped off the port on the TB and went to the nipple on the intake
Old 01-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
On your stock engine, the air for PCV is routed this way: filtered air comes out of the port on the throttle, enters the engine through one valve cover, exits the other valve cover, goes through the PCB valve, and enters the intake manifold. If you put one of the lines to the manifold, it will pressurize the crankcase when you are in boost. Most guys run the lines to a catch can and vent the fumes to the atmosphere so that they are not oiling the intake tract.

I wont be running a catch can as I think they are useless and just a way for vendors to make a quick buck by saying itll screw up ur engine if you don't have one..

ill just leave the manifold hooked into the intake like the directions say and plug off the throttle body port for the fresh air.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

I think that you are using the word "intake" to describe both the large hose between the throttle and the air filter, and also the air inlet to the PCV system. Anyway, the answer is yes to capping the throttle port.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:20 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Catch cans are not junk for these engines. The LS have a legitimate oil consumption problem and especially with a boosted build you need to keep oil out of the intake.

Passenger side valve cover hose goes to somewhere before the TB (port on TB, or nipple on the air filter tube). Hose from driver side should go to a catch can then to somewhere after the TB (like one of those 3 ports on the blower before the rotors.

If you plan to eliminate the MAF and run SD you can run a breather filter on the passenger side valve cover and the driver side hose to a vented catch can.