FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

PT 76/75 CEA vs Bullseye turbo.. worth the upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Not trying to pick a fight, but have you tested your compressor along with a BW cast wheel? Even better has anyone sent both compressors (or full turbos) to an independent 3rd party like garret or honeywell for testing? I realizing making compressor maps are not easy or trivial, but if such a test were done it would sure put the whole thing to rest.
We cannot do that. Any comparison sanctioned by a manufacturer that shows a competitor's product as inferior can be considered slander and charges can be pressed. It is nearly impossible to prove a scientific experiment with all variables involved is not flawed in any way, and any prosecutor will be able to win that case.

That aside, compressor maps are less than half of the whole story when it comes to choosing a turbo, and they don't win races. Real world performance is always the goal. What we rely on is our dealers like Spike Performance who use our product as well as all other manufacturers to show their performance benefits. We stand behind anything we recommend and offer performance guarantees on any turbo we spec. If it doesn't do what we say, we make it right. Spike even offers a money back promise if you're not happy, that's how confident they are.

There are days I would love to go make two compressor maps to end the confusion that flawed map created years ago, but we rely on promoting our own product, not bashing the competitor.

Jack

Last edited by cptinjak; 11-22-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by la del 11
Defenetly people
Here dont know what they are talking about ! Precision wont over flow any of the Bullseyepower turbos ! And we have seen it ! In the ls world Bullseyepower is doing something great we have ran 9.9 on a stock 4.8 on a heavy truck also have the ls world record with spike on some twins , fastest 5.3 sbe has a bullseye! But i think i know who is asking the question bro thats enough asking just buy what u want !
Lol! come on, I know what I'm talking about sometimes! But honestly I'm biased towards precision turbos. Hell, Mario sold me my first one, and it worked so I stuck with it! Bottom line Mario and the spike crew have the luxury of testing/working with more turbos than most of us will ever see. They're not only a performance shop, but a bunch of race truck builders/drivers! And hold a world record and some fast times. I do know one thing, If I would've had the extra cash at the time, I would have a bullseye turbo on my truck to this day. Mario won't steer you wrong, So just buy something and let us know the results!

Last edited by JordanH; 11-22-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

I wish I lived closer to Mario's shop.. every week they keep pushing their trucks a bit more and breaking records every time!! Not doubting on your advice Mario, at all! I am just amazed how not more people on this forum are running Bullseye turbos..
Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cammed4ever
I am just amazed how not more people on this forum are running Bullseye turbos..
I know a guy you could call to change that...

Jack
Old 11-30-2016, 06:19 AM
TECH Junkie

The bullseye may make more power, but your PT is barely breathing at all at 14 PSI. I made 650 at 12 psi and 936 at 19psi. Turn that mother up!

On a side note, Anyone that wants to talk/text me about a better turbo, my number is 9122704829 and I need them 4 digits!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

When comparing turbos it's not just wheel size
It the complete turbo.
Compressor cover, turbine housing, turbo wheel, compressor wheel design
And weights of the wheels.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by slowec
The bullseye may make more power, but your PT is barely breathing at all at 14 PSI. I made 650 at 12 psi and 936 at 19psi. Turn that mother up!

On a side note, Anyone that wants to talk/text me about a better turbo, my number is 9122704829 and I need them 4 digits!
You just need another turbo in the other side.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TrickTurbo
You just need another turbo in the other side.
Now we talking!!! PM me a quote!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

936 @ 19psi WOW!
Your setup seems pretty much like mine, I need to find out what kept the tuner from pushing my truck farther than 14psi and saying "something" was at its limits...
Dual 400's
95lbs FIC injectors
110 vp race fuel
Any suggestions on what could be keeping my truck from going farther?
Thanks guys!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:29 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

His nerve probably