FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

My list of parts for Trick turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

As others have said, you don't need half of those parts. I would highly recommend telling your cam grinder and stall converter company exactly what you plan to do with the truck and how much it weighs, so you can put together a well balanced package that is fun to drive on the street. But if you're going for the car show wow factor, you can't beat shiny (expensive / unnecessary) parts. You'll want to spin the motor up to take advantage of the Holley intake, otherwise you might even lose area under the curve compared to a stock intake. Stock48 runs bottom 9s with a stock LQ4 intake... If I pop my hood, you'll see a dusty intake cover and LM7 intake, oxidized stock throttle body, stock coils, valve covers, etc which I think is what many guys are running. I made 650whp/608wtq on 15lbs with a stock 5.3, stock intake and tb, and a small 215/213 114+3 cam.

As others will advise I'm sure, measure pushrod length. You should be fine with a 7.4 but you may need a 7.425 considering most Comp cores have a smaller base circle, which is what BTR uses.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sledaction 198
Ok guys,
If you are looking to make 600 whp you are going way over your head. I will tell you my setup.

2010 Silverado CCSB 4x4

MOTOR.
- Stock crank, stock bore 376ci
- Forged mahle pistons
- Forged H beam rods
- Tick stage 1 cam
- Trunion
- Ported heads
- Stainless exhaust valves
- ARP Head studs
- LS9 Head Gasket
- ARP Main studs
- Stock Intake Manifold
- LS3 Ported Throttle Body
- RX catch can

FUEL SYSTEM.
- ID 1000's
- Walbro 450 in the bucket
- Bosch 044 sump in the bottom of the tank
- -8 line from each pump to -10 leading to stock fuel rail

TURBO SETUP.
- Trick stage 5
- Race Intercooler
- 80/83 1.10 AR
- 3.5" downpipe with a straight through muffler

TRANSMISSION.
- FTI MULTI DISC 3000 stall
- 40K Cooler Bypassing radiator
- STOCK 6L80E

Truck has flex fuel sensor for both 93/E85. On E85 and made 683 whp on 8lbs of boost. Truck is now turned up to 16lbs and is an absolute freight train makes over 850 whp. Spool is perfect with this converter and cam. Everyday driving is nice but will start to spool at light throttle at 2500-3200 rpm when ever you need. 4x4 launch is as violent as it gets. 0-60 averages 2.9 - 3.2 seconds. Have not ran the truck yet on a track. Will burn the tires off in 2wd doing 65-75 mph down the highway. You will be very surprised what this truck will beat on the street. If you are looking to make 600 whp step back and reconsider your build. HOPE THIS HELPS

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying I have way more stuff then I need or that I wont make that kinda power w what I have? Either way you got me excited when you said it made 850 on 16lbs Lol. Is that on E85, pump gas and meth or race gas?
Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
As others have said, you don't need half of those parts. I would highly recommend telling your cam grinder and stall converter company exactly what you plan to do with the truck and how much it weighs, so you can put together a well balanced package that is fun to drive on the street. But if you're going for the car show wow factor, you can't beat shiny (expensive / unnecessary) parts. You'll want to spin the motor up to take advantage of the Holley intake, otherwise you might even lose area under the curve compared to a stock intake. Stock48 runs bottom 9s with a stock LQ4 intake... If I pop my hood, you'll see a dusty intake cover and LM7 intake, oxidized stock throttle body, stock coils, valve covers, etc which I think is what many guys are running. I made 650whp/608wtq on 15lbs with a stock 5.3, stock intake and tb, and a small 215/213 114+3 cam.

As others will advise I'm sure, measure pushrod length. You should be fine with a 7.4 but you may need a 7.425 considering most Comp cores have a smaller base circle, which is what BTR uses.
Ya Im looking to sell off all the unnecessary parts like you and the other guys have stated. Rather use the money on parts I actually need. I guess the "Cool Looking" bug got me when I bought some of these parts Lol.

Man, 650rwhp on a 5.3!! I give major props,thats awesome!

Ive got a pushrod checker, I always check that, so Im good there once I decide on who to do custom cam

The only thing is what do I exactly need to ask for when having a converter built? Anything specific or will a company know what it needs? I dont wanna spend that kinda cash on one and go thru all the trouble and it not be correct. And what kinda of TC is everyone using?
Old 11-16-2016, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

And the one thing I worry about is do any of you guys have inspections where they check to see if the vehicle still has a cat converter? We have the stupid Echeck they call it, and the first thing they look for is the cat conv. How have you guys worked around that?
Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You've got an 89 fox coupe with a 521" big block Ford and you're worried about echecks?
Old 11-16-2016, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol ya that has Historic tags on it, so no echeck on that one.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91LT16SpeedFormula
Not sure what you mean? Are you saying I have way more stuff then I need or that I wont make that kinda power w what I have? Either way you got me excited when you said it made 850 on 16lbs Lol. Is that on E85, pump gas and meth or race gas?
What I am saying is if your shooting 600 whp slap a turbo on it and call it good. If you want more I shared with you what I did and the gains. I will say that strap up and hold on.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sledaction 198
What I am saying is if your shooting 600 whp slap a turbo on it and call it good. If you want more I shared with you what I did and the gains. I will say that strap up and hold on.

Thats awesome!! Its just hard to understand sarcasm and such thru the internet if you know what I mean? Sorry for reading to far into what you were saying. I appreciate real world info and gains like yours but now your gonna make me wanna have the power you do in another vehicle of mine!!!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91LT16SpeedFormula
Thats awesome!! Its just hard to understand sarcasm and such thru the internet if you know what I mean? Sorry for reading to far into what you were saying. I appreciate real world info and gains like yours but now your gonna make me wanna have the power you do in another vehicle of mine!!!
No problem man. Let me know if you got any questions.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey sledaction,

Which FTI converter do you have? The only triple disc I see for the 6L80 is the SRL (9.5") for Camaro and G8's. I had the SPML (10.5") in my TBSS and really like how it performed but it was not a triple.

Still amazed you are doing all that on the stock trans. Are you doing the tuning or someone else?