FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

LSA Blowers on NNBS! Updates from the shop.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
So what if the truck is a flexfuel with efans?
Cost drops down. Which motor do you have? Send me all of the info on your truck and I can give you an exact price, but a non-flex truck running manual fans is going to be your most expensive setup.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sent a pm, no reply yet.... What gives???
Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Banned

PM's coming back at everyone right now! Sorry, not always able to get on here over the weekends... this last one was particularly busy.

In other news, finally got the bay cleaned up for a few more pictures. We'll have a green-back belt setup available in a few days with some more pictures to show that.

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Sent a pm, no reply yet.... What gives???
Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Something just dawned on me are you running these with vvt or are you deleting the vvt????
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Banned

VVT is still in place - the whole VVT system goes untouched. No issues or concerns to speak of.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have any dyno numbers for these??
Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Banned

Preliminary, yes. Read the full details and see the graphs below:

Pulls were taken with my 2007.5 Sierra 2500HD. 4x4. 6-speed auto. Clutch-driven fans. No modifications. Healthy truck, proper maintenance, 90k miles.

The baseline dyno shows 246rwhp/279tq. This was with 35" tires. Factory rating is 367hp/375tq at the motor. This nets a ~33% drivetrain loss.

Post-install dyno pull is with our larger crank pulley, which typically runs just under 10psi. We had some slip that day from some changes that had yet to be made, and our best pull was only hitting 8psi. These pulls were also made on 285 e-load tires, the 35's were off at the time to change wheels and couldn't get the new set back on before the pull. My research shows that a swap from a typical stock-truck tire to 35" muds yields at most an extra 5% loss. Numbers were 408rwhp/430tq. If you calculate that based on 28% drivetrain loss (accounting for the tire change), you would have 570hp/600tq at the motor.

These pulls were also only made in 3rd gear, so they were VERY short. For some reason HP tuners was refusing to lock us into 4th gear that day. Any time we would try to load it up for a 4th gear pull, it would downshift. Typically your dyno numbers suffer when the motor is unable to go under full load for a longer period of time. This needs to be addressed before we will see our best numbers. If you look at the PSI graph, because of the nature of a quick 3rd gear pull, it didn't see full boost until about 3700rpm. On the street, this is not the case. The power "under the curve" is excellent.

As always, I would encourage you to compare the results of dyno graphs that show TRUE pulls, not ones that are drawn up or fail to show a baseline. I'm always disappointed by the marketing tactics put out there by some of the more mainstream companies in advertising their kits. Particularly with advertising numbers for rear wheel horsepower that are actually engine horsepower. I won't name any names.

All that to say, at 8psi, we saw a 200hp/225tq increase.

The standard kits, when using the stock truck crank pulley, put out 6-7psi on a stock motor. With the overdriven crank pulley, they put out in the 9-10psi range on a stock motor. As you increase the efficiency of the motor, power goes up, and the net PSI drops from the increased efficiency. The truck had factory exhaust in place, which at these levels is a huge bottleneck.

We wanted to make a very visible effort to NOT pad these numbers in any way shape or form and give a true baseline of what power numbers you can expect solely from the installation of the S/C, no other supporting mods. I hope this transparency and honest attention to detail is appreciated.

I'm very excited to see what a set of 1 7/8's long tubes and a full exhaust will do with this kit. The word that comes to mind is... stupid.

If anyone is ever in the Nashville area you are more than welcome to come and experience a test spin!

We will have more dynos to come as time permits.

Last edited by Wolfe Performance; 04-27-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:31 AM
TECH Regular

What are these kits going for
Old 05-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brokenbird
What are these kits going for
$4-5k complete based on your setup and options.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Launching!

Were these runs done with stock full exhaust and cats?

Quick Reply: LSA Blowers on NNBS! Updates from the shop.