FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

LS Swap K5 blazer going turbo! 500whp goal, HELP!!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Walbro 255 with a hotwire kit will be fine to 12psi , but I think your going to have to redo your return. I would ditch the vette filter/reg and get an 03 flex fuel tahoe return style setup. Or splurge and get the aeromotive boost ref. regulator. I would pass on the big aeromotive fuel pump even though it's a good deal. It will be much easier for you to upgrade to a walbro 400 or even a second 255 and they can be bought for $99-130.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1969x11
Walbro 255 with a hotwire kit will be fine to 12psi , but I think your going to have to redo your return. I would ditch the vette filter/reg and get an 03 flex fuel tahoe return style setup. Or splurge and get the aeromotive boost ref. regulator. I would pass on the big aeromotive fuel pump even though it's a good deal. It will be much easier for you to upgrade to a walbro 400 or even a second 255 and they can be bought for $99-130.
Just curious, why change my return? In my mind, returning the fuel as quickly as i am is better for heat, all the fuel that goes to the engine bay get used so im not returning hot fuel.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

well been doing more research... got my truck dynod and it threw down 220 hp at the wheels! not to shabby for going through 35" tires! not to mention with the stock motor it made less than 130... anyways... there was a silverado at the shop with an lq9 and the trick performance stag 3 kit.... made 675 wheel on a hot day! i may just got with the trick kit and modify it to fit my application. ill only need to modify the cross over slightly to fit. i still need to figure out what AC bracket i have and if it will fit or not. and i also need to keep saving my pennies. its getting closer though.. i can feel it
Old 07-25-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trick kit stage 3

Originally Posted by jkroberts
well been doing more research... got my truck dynod and it threw down 220 hp at the wheels! not to shabby for going through 35" tires! not to mention with the stock motor it made less than 130... anyways... there was a silverado at the shop with an lq9 and the trick performance stag 3 kit.... made 675 wheel on a hot day! i may just got with the trick kit and modify it to fit my application. ill only need to modify the cross over slightly to fit. i still need to figure out what AC bracket i have and if it will fit or not. and i also need to keep saving my pennies. its getting closer though.. i can feel it
you cant go wrong with a trick kit(lol) I LOVE MINE .
Old 07-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Crossover might not need modding.
The Dowp pipe probably will need some love'N
Old 09-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Little update...

got sarted on moving my radiator back o fit the intercooler in front of it. im gunna try and fit the biggest on possible. after getting my truck dynoed and really seeing how much the tire size and weight and weight of the truck in general effects the power I can see me having a heat issue... so im just gunna sart with overkill.

also... ive been thinking about getting an even more low-end turbo, and by that i mean a turbo that will make a crap ton of boost by 1500 rpm and crap out at 90 mph.

After taking my truck to well over 100mph ive decided i want to live a little longer so im no longer gunna do that!

and i dont know what im going to do about a turbo manifold... i will need a new AC bracket but i dont wanna spend another $300 for that, and then another $600 for the manifold... i can probably make a log style myself to fit around my AC, unless i can slightly cut and weld the cast stainless manifold?

im still saving my pennies but im getting close to buyng all the parts! i cant wait to do 4wd burnouts!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Crossover might not need modding.
The Dowp pipe probably will need some love'N
it will need modifying, i need it to go under my front drive shaft, but modifying is is not a big deal to me.
'
the down pipe is another story lol. there is barely enough room between the frame rails for the stock exhaust! i MAY have to go out the fender but who knows! ive been driving it straight piped for the last couple months and the cops havnt bothered me yet so maybe having the exhaust out the side like that might work
Old 09-20-2014, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

well yesterday i moved some funds around with th intention of ordering the trick performance stage 3 kit. i was super excited and finally ready to start building. that excitement was short lived when my tranny blew on my way home from work last night it went out with a bang. was cruising at 55 thinking about the turbo and decided to put my foot in it. the trans downshifted to 2nd like normal and i kept my foot in it till it shifted to 3rd at 85 and went BOOM and then hit the rev limiter. i let off and tried putting it in a different gear (OD, D, 3,2,1,) and nothing. coasted to a stop on the side of the road and put it in park. then tried reverse and nothing. long story short had it towed to the shop that built the trans today. they didnt have time to tear ito it but he thought that there was an issue with the planetary shaft or something like that? idk he said he will pull it next week. ive only had the trans for 9 months and its rated for 700 crank hp... im only pushing about 380 ish now. i just hope its covered under the warrenty!

anyways im holding off on the turbo till i know how much this is gunna cost me.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May as well swap to an 80e...the 60e will never last when you turbo.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Laid Back

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

NO DOWNSHIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm weary of WOT downshifts in any vehicle, just because of my experiences with 60E's...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS Swap K5 blazer going turbo! 500whp goal, HELP!!