FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help me pick a supercharger

Old 06-02-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
My name is Bob and I'm a hp addict.
Bob:

You're the worst kind of hp addict - trying to push a big HOG of a truck like it's a sports car! But, you know what? I just think that you are willing to spend more money on it than I am right now. But then I've got the "other" car to mod now also.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avalanche2002
Bob:

You're the worst kind of hp addict - trying to push a big HOG of a truck like it's a sports car!
...but ain't in fun.

Anyone can make a Corvette fly, I like a challange
Old 06-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
I just ran across my old help me pick a blower thread and saw this post. I did race the truck at Huntsville and it ran 9.8's all day with a best of 9.79. I guess hp makes you greedy because now I want more. I've ordered HPTuners and will start tweaking. Wonder if I can get it into the 8's now

My name is Bob and I'm a hp addict.

Welcome Bob to the local Addictions chapter of "I have an Avalanche, and I want a 9 second truck chapter"

Hehe, coffee is in the back, and doughnuts are on the way. Our first speaker is from Florida, and a father of two. His addiction morphed from High End Computer systems, where HP=MHZ, to a 6000 lb shoebox. Sit back and lets hear what he has to say..

"Hi, my name is Rick, and I am a horsepower addict...

My addiction has taken many forms over the years. Started in a 1970 Mach 1 in the eighties, moved to a Mazda RX7 with a cheby small block, as well as a blown 89 corvette in the nineties, and then to a 6000 lb shoebox currently in 2006. I have always been of the opinion that engineers don't have a clue when they put great american steel and goodyear rubber on the road. I have always known that horsepower is only restrained by the limits that Citicorp places on your credit card and Suntrust statements filled with red ink at the end of the month. When my girls ask why they can't have new shoes for the new school year, as a good father always should, I sit them down and explain to them why the shoes they have been wearing for the last 3 years still have good life in them, and there are plenty of children in this world who would beg to have them, plus daddy just put a Vortech Blower on the truck and we are a little short on money right now. Then when my wife wants to go on a vacation, I have to be a patient and loving husband and explain that the rear tires on the truck are going bald after 3 months of use and we have to save our pennies to get those new 20" chrome rims and matching 305/50/20's. Plus, have you seen the price of a weekly rental on a condo at the beach? Jesus, it cost as much as the Vortech aftercooler I have on layaway at my local speed shop. I have to go by every week and polish it, don't want it to show any rust before I can pay it off and get it installed.
I have honestly been trying to cut back here lately... I have been performance mod clean for 24 hours and have been diligently reading and trying to learn my 12 steps....
I am currently on step 6, which involves taking a blown Avalanche with 500 RWHP and keeping IAT's down without spending $2000.00 on that aftercooler. All this hot, muggy Florida heat makes it hard though, so I have to come to my meetings to get support and bolster the resistance to selling my 22' Wellcraft to pay for the aftercooler, Level 5 4L65E, and Detroit True Trac for the Avalanche. Plus have you seen the price of gas lately? That 100 gallon tank in the boat cost as much as a good tuning package for the Vortech, without the enhanced I/O cable of course....
Anyway, I appreciate the support you guys give me in my quest to stay at an elevated boost level while maintaining my clean burning octane lifestyle. May all your AFR's be 14.7 ( at idle of course), and I hope to see you next week."

Next speaker please.......
Old 06-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob:

You're the worst kind of hp addict - trying to push a big HOG of a truck like it's a sports car!
No, no, no! The worst kind of HP addict is the sportscar owner trying to keep up with us!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlaBouy
Welcome Bob to the local Addictions chapter of "I have an Avalanche, and I want a 9 second truck chapter"

Hehe, coffee is in the back, and doughnuts are on the way. Our first speaker is from Florida, and a father of two. His addiction morphed from High End Computer systems, where HP=MHZ, to a 6000 lb shoebox. Sit back and lets hear what he has to say..

"Hi, my name is Rick, and I am a horsepower addict...

My addiction has taken many forms over the years. Started in a 1970 Mach 1 in the eighties, moved to a Mazda RX7 with a cheby small block, as well as a blown 89 corvette in the nineties, and then to a 6000 lb shoebox currently in 2006. I have always been of the opinion that engineers don't have a clue when they put great american steel and goodyear rubber on the road. I have always known that horsepower is only restrained by the limits that Citicorp places on your credit card and Suntrust statements filled with red ink at the end of the month. When my girls ask why they can't have new shoes for the new school year, as a good father always should, I sit them down and explain to them why the shoes they have been wearing for the last 3 years still have good life in them, and there are plenty of children in this world who would beg to have them, plus daddy just put a Vortech Blower on the truck and we are a little short on money right now. Then when my wife wants to go on a vacation, I have to be a patient and loving husband and explain that the rear tires on the truck are going bald after 3 months of use and we have to save our pennies to get those new 20" chrome rims and matching 305/50/20's. Plus, have you seen the price of a weekly rental on a condo at the beach? Jesus, it cost as much as the Vortech aftercooler I have on layaway at my local speed shop. I have to go by every week and polish it, don't want it to show any rust before I can pay it off and get it installed.
I have honestly been trying to cut back here lately... I have been performance mod clean for 24 hours and have been diligently reading and trying to learn my 12 steps....
I am currently on step 6, which involves taking a blown Avalanche with 500 RWHP and keeping IAT's down without spending $2000.00 on that aftercooler. All this hot, muggy Florida heat makes it hard though, so I have to come to my meetings to get support and bolster the resistance to selling my 22' Wellcraft to pay for the aftercooler, Level 5 4L65E, and Detroit True Trac for the Avalanche. Plus have you seen the price of gas lately? That 100 gallon tank in the boat cost as much as a good tuning package for the Vortech, without the enhanced I/O cable of course....
Anyway, I appreciate the support you guys give me in my quest to stay at an elevated boost level while maintaining my clean burning octane lifestyle. May all your AFR's be 14.7 ( at idle of course), and I hope to see you next week."

Next speaker please.......

We're here for you Brother
Old 06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

HI RICK!...we are here for your support
Old 06-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
HI RICK!...we are here for your support
Thanks, I consider you as my jockstrap.......
Old 06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Boy, you guys sure do get around! Why do we all seem to travel in the same circles?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We love to help people spend their money!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Boy, you guys sure do get around! Why do we all seem to travel in the same circles?
Naw circles are for Nascar.... We are more of your John Force kinda guys...