FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Direct port water meth injection

Old 02-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct port water meth injection

I have been thinking about skipping the air to air intercooler and going with a direct port water meth injection system to cool things down.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this set up.
Intercooler or not I just want to know how they preform.
I would also consider straight methonal injection if that would provide better cooling effects.

And yes I am aware of all the potential issues/ dangers of relying on this system!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Direct port scares me... There is very little consistency in nozzles compared to an injector. That coupled with a larger opportunity for inconsistent pressure or flow and I think its a recipe for disaster. Not to mention you would need solenoids to keep it from sucking in meth when you're in vacuum. I think with the tools and kits we are playing with meth is best left as a pre throttle body fuel.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah so I was thinking about making a full blow fuel system for the meth supply.
Ie dual pumps filters and boost ref regulator. Not sure if that has been done but it was what I was thinking. I assumed the noids would be needed as they come with most kits.

But the consistency of the Nozzels is something I did not consider. That is something to worry about. No way around this with higher quality units?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah so I was thinking about making a full blow fuel system for the meth supply.
Ie dual pumps filters and boost ref regulator. Not sure if that has been done but it was what I was thinking. I assumed the noids would be needed as they come with most kits.

But the consistency of the Nozzels is something I did not consider. That is something to worry about. No way around this with higher quality units?
Old 02-13-2017, 12:48 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

It depends how much meth you want to spray and how much of the total fueling you want the meth to do. I have a spray bar setup on my truck and use methanol as the boost fuel with my nitrous. I dont think its worth all the trouble if I just wanted meth alone. I had a 14gph nozzle pre-rotors before and it held temps pretty stable. With the spray bar setup spraying a 150hp shot the intake temps dropped about 45 degrees between the start of the 1/8th and end of the 1/8th.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Is the meth going on a track only or a DD vehicle?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

For cooling you need the nozxles far away from the chamber.
For fueling you would need nozzle control per cylinder. And that control needs to repeatable.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickTurbo
For cooling you need the nozxles far away from the chamber....
Exactly. The alcohol cools by evaporation, and spraying at the entrance of the intake manifold gives it time to mix with the air and cool it down.
Spraying at the ports would be for fueling only.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If that was the case then cars to run straight methanol wouldnt be able to run the amount of timing they do, and no intercooler if no cooling effect was present cause evaporation would still occurr imo.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrx
If that was the case then cars to run straight methanol wouldnt be able to run the amount of timing they do, and no intercooler if no cooling effect was present cause evaporation would still occurr imo.
i would rather a system that provides even cylindar distribution than a single big *** nozzle,
same principle on why you use a plate or shark nozzle up to a certain point, but a direct port for big pill shots and for a much more consistant supply of n2p/fuel mixture

Search this Thread