FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Choice for fi Daily driver 370/402/408...Why..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Not necessarily. The FI power adder determines max power, the engine size just tells you at what RPM you get that power.
problem with that is you need more boost with the smaller engine to get the same power. Eventually you run into the limits of keeping the heads down and other internals.

Me, ideally, would be an LSX block designed for the large stroke, 427 cubes. Make power easy, less boost, and can do it on pump gasoline.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Probably going to do one of two ideas, put a nice set of heads on the motor i have now or do a 370 short block, use some of my parts and a better set of heads. Not totally sure at the moment tho, still contemplating. I will know soon on whats going to happen.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:13 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Well youll get more boost automatically holding airflow constant with a smaller engine. To make up for that you will have to spin the smaller engine higher, or deal with the higher cylinder pressure. Both options have different sets of issues, but thats the fun of it.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I daily my 370 and it does just fine. I couldn't imagine driving a stroker daily with the overbore and 4" stroke. Seems like longevity could be an issue that's why I stayed with stock stroke on a daily.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Well youll get more boost automatically holding airflow constant with a smaller engine. To make up for that you will have to spin the smaller engine higher, or deal with the higher cylinder pressure. Both options have different sets of issues, but thats the fun of it.
Whats the better way to go about it..? I know to buy a forged 364 its more than a 370 for some reason. The 370 sounds like a good idea to me but at the moment its on the edge of me just buying a set of heads only.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:41 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

In the <800hp range you can really get after it a lot of different ways with none being necessarily better than others, just different depending what you are after. Its also very important to have an honest budget and be honest with how much maintenance you want to commit to it and about prioritizing goals.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

In the <800hp range you can really get after it a lot of different ways with none being necessarily better than others, just different depending what you are after. Its also very important to have an honest budget and be honest with how much maintenance you want to commit to it and about prioritizing goals.
Right now i need to get the trans situation and the converter first, when that's done i'm going to be looking at a few things. I could do heads and have it tuned, then see how the whole package works together. Or i can do the trans, the 370,heads and use parts off my motor to get it together. That being said tho i don't want to skimp on anything that i'll need to do again. So i have a few ideas churning, i have been talking with pat too about it and i will know for sure real soon. With all of this i still need to pick up hp tuners so i can get my truck sd tuned.......its a mess, one thing at a time i guess..