FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Any on3 turbo reviews yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Choda
For me - 1000 is worth BOLT ON complete product thats proven with results.
Cheapest kit trick perf. Has is $3450+ shipping. The on3 kit is $1900 shipped. So lets say $1600. Almost twice as much.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TV559
Cheapest kit trick perf. Has is $3450+ shipping. The on3 kit is $1900 shipped. So lets say $1600. Almost twice as much.
Even 1600. That's for a full bolt on proven kit. No hacking of the dp and no waiting for recircl wastegate piping. I have to give credit to on3 for the new design and low cost but until they offer a real bolt on kit, I have to stick w what I know and see.

Golden rule, You get what you pay for, I bought my kit w the expectation that I would drive my truck into my garage NA and two days later it'd be a complete turbo charged truck. I did it w hand tools and by myself. Everything fit, everything worked great, trick checked in w me during the install to see if I had questions, I fired it up Sunday afternoon and drove it around the block. Success!

There are a bunch of great builds going on right now using on3. I can't wait to see them post some final reviews and results. As a consumer I'm all for competition! But I know what I want.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Choda
Even 1600. That's for a full bolt on proven kit. No hacking of the dp and no waiting for recircl wastegate piping. I have to give credit to on3 for the new design and low cost but until they offer a real bolt on kit, I have to stick w what I know and see.

Golden rule, You get what you pay for, I bought my kit w the expectation that I would drive my truck into my garage NA and two days later it'd be a complete turbo charged truck. I did it w hand tools and by myself. Everything fit, everything worked great, trick checked in w me during the install to see if I had questions, I fired it up Sunday afternoon and drove it around the block. Success!

There are a bunch of great builds going on right now using on3. I can't wait to see them post some final reviews and results. As a consumer I'm all for competition! But I know what I want.
Choda, I completely agree! I think everybody wants the easy bolt on kit, but nobody wants to cough up the extra money... Your build/instructions is what makes me lean towards the Trick kit a little more. I definitely cannot afford more than a week of down time.

Do you know what the standard 72mm turbo on the trick kit is? Is it a 72/75? Magnum 72mm?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Teching In

I couldn't justify the extra 1600 dollars for Tricks or Kyles kit and I wrote both of them. I don't think either one of them attempted to sell me a kit, besides kyle sending me an email address to send money on paypal. I can not say that either of their interactions were any better or convincing, regardless its up to me to get this installed and working.

Neither the Kb or the Trick provide a full bolt on system, both are needing fuel, exhaust, tuning which will may need other sensors ...valve springs, head bolts etc..which both guys expressed the need for upgrades.

Not to mention both of those basic kits still include a ***Entry level word of choice***** turbo which I can't even say is an improvement. I tried getting some specs on the turbos provided in the basic kits and that was null at best.

heck maybe this whole thing will blow up and ill be back to building on my Z06, either way alot of opinions being expressed about on3 from people that have zero experience with them. They have shown commitment to pt and are a sponsor btw.

EDITED to not offend the offended. not my intention.

Last edited by C6Z06_Silverado; 03-27-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is no different than the endless debates on the cheap headers versus the high end stainless stuff. Both get the job done. It just comes down to your expectations and budget. USA made vs chinese. Also, I saw that on3 wants you to cut the downpipe, create a margin of diastasis and then hold the 2 pieces of DP together with a band clamp.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by wgeyer88
Choda, I completely agree! I think everybody wants the easy bolt on kit, but nobody wants to cough up the extra money... Your build/instructions is what makes me lean towards the Trick kit a little more. I definitely cannot afford more than a week of down time.

Do you know what the standard 72mm turbo on the trick kit is? Is it a 72/75? Magnum 72mm?
Rick can answer that for you. I don't know

Originally Posted by C6Z06_Silverado
I couldn't justify the extra 1600 dollars for Tricks or Kyles kit and I wrote both of them. I don't think either one of them attempted to sell me a kit, besides kyle sending me an email address to send money on paypal. I can not say that either of their interactions were any better or convincing, regardless its up to me to get this installed and working.

Neither the Kb or the Trick provide a full bolt on system, both are needing fuel, exhaust, tuning which will may need other sensors ...valve springs, head bolts etc..which both guys expressed the need for upgrades.

Not to mention both of those basic kits still include a junk turbo which I can't even say is an improvement. I tried getting some specs on the turbos provided in the basic kits and that was null at best.

heck maybe this whole thing will blow up and ill be back to building on my Z06, either way alot of opinions being expressed about on3 from people that have zero experience with them. They have shown commitment to pt and are a sponsor btw.
I bought from Rick only becuase he replied to my phone call and email before any one else. That was the only reason.

My JUNK turbo is working flawlessly for my needs of 500 wheel for the last 30k miles And cost me half the money a NONJUNK turbo would have. Re read what I said about on3 before u jump to any conclusions about my outside review about them and the product.

I'm not going to keep dragging this out. People will buy whatever they want and either agree or disagree w my post.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TV559
That's not totally true. Maybe cause I pulled it off the site.
Due to back order issues in tubing.
But they are almost back up on the site.

Originally Posted by wgeyer88

Standard is a 72/68.
We can do the 75ex wheel. It's at an extra cost. Well worth the up charge.

I couldn't justify the extra 1600 dollars for (1)Tricks or Kyles kit and I wrote both of them. I don't think either one of them attempted to sell me a kit????

(2)Neither the Kb or the Trick provide a full bolt on system, both are needing fuel, exhaust, tuning which will may need other sensors ...valve springs, head bolts etc..which both guys expressed the need for upgrades.

Not to mention both of those basic kits still include a junk turbo which I can't even say is an improvement. I tried getting some specs on the turbos provided in the basic kits and that was null at best.

(1) when or how did you contact me?

(2) I don't try to sell people kits when they call or email.
I don't believe in pressure tactics.
I believe in letting customers decide what's best off the information I offer.
I give recommendations for their builds and power levels.
And usually end the email with " let me know if you need anything else".
JUNK TURBO. what is a junk turbo. ?
My Stage 2 uses a 72/68 and Stage 3 uses a 76/68.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts

I don't try to sell people kits when they call or email.
I don't believe in pressure tactics.
I believe in letting customers decide what's best off the information I offer.
I give recommendations for their builds and power levels.
And usually end the email with " let me know if you need anything else".
JUNK TURBO. what is a junk turbo. ?
^^^^^ Same here. NEVER had any complaints about poor customer service or product. I stand behind everything I build and have MANY happy customers!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The turbo's KB and Trick supply are quality, from reputable companies, and you know they will work. There is a reason on3's turbo's do not come with any warranty, it's because they are a gamble. Besides, KB and Trick will customize your kit to fit any turbo you'd like, whereas on3 probably doesn't.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Hey KB and Trick,

When are you guys going to have a sale on your kits? I've almost got all the cash...just waiting on a sale to make the purchase!

Please feel free to PM me if you would like.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Any on3 turbo reviews yet?