FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

1999 RCSB 408 s480 6 speed manual AWD build

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 01:11 AM
Snail Fab

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where you located in Utah?? Figured that me or Derrik would have heard of a build this big happening in Utah!

Would love to come check it out! This summer is going to be a good one with all the trucks getting buttoned up this winter!
Old 03-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

update, please
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevex
Where you located in Utah?? Figured that me or Derrik would have heard of a build this big happening in Utah!

Would love to come check it out! This summer is going to be a good one with all the trucks getting buttoned up this winter!

Sorry for the silence guys. Lq4 is out now and getting all the goodies. The build is happening in Orem at Nip Tuck (Dustin is a long time friend). I typically love to do my own stuff, but my HVAC business requires too much of me at the moment.

I found a nice clean original owner 2000 Z71 4x4 truck that was a Texas truck. So we are doing a frame swap and I'll have a nice clean black 2000 lowered 2wd setup to sell when it's all done.

​​​​​​Now that we have the truck chassis, and know the details, I'll be in touch with George at Rockland gear. They will provide the transfer case AWD unit, the AEM infinity will control it.

A local place will be doing the differentials and limited slips. I'm leaning towards 3.08 final drive gears, and will select the shorter 1st gear in the Rockland 6 speed. I love long gearing. My BMW Z3 M coupe runs really tall gears (stock is 3.23, running 2.79 gears now with 4x's stock power, it's makes it wonderfully OEM like).

I'm in Lehi Utah, just off the main St exit by the high school. I have another truck I've been working on for 2 years (a 2004 1500hd quadrasteer cc that I cut in half and added a extra cab to it, and also extended the bed length to 8'). That has really overwhelmed me, and this orange truck fell in my lap, and with Dustin's help, it should be on the road by fall.

I'm ordering all the atomic stuff this week also, along with brakes, sway bars, and everything I can think of.

As far as the rear end. Any suggestions for axle control would be awesome. If there is a kit out there, or anything to supplement the leaf setup, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for all the nice comments.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I was thinking of using the OEM 3rd pedal assembly. BUT if someone has an idea or recommended component that would be better, I'm all ears.