Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble686
Turbomic who owns the fastest street truck in the nation has repeatedly contacted you with no response. What's up with that?
Thats a mighty big statement...in the nation? I would have to disagree...but what do I know?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Man I would love to go but man Cali is far for a South Texas Boy lol
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oklaracer
Thats a mighty big statement...in the nation? I would have to disagree...but what do I know?
9s@140+ 4800+ race weight rocking 20s, full interior, subs and AC. I cant think of another truck who can claim that other than him? Who else is in that kind of league. Every other truck in the 9s I know of has a mostly stripped interior, no sound system and no AC. Faster trucks exist, but not exactly street trucks.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gamble686
9s@140+ 4800+ race weight rocking 20s, full interior, subs and AC. I cant think of another truck who can claim that other than him? Who else is in that kind of league. Every other truck in the 9s I know of has a mostly stripped interior, no sound system and no AC. Faster trucks exist, but not exactly street trucks.
That all depends on what someone considers a "street" truck. I drive mine on the street..and know many others who drive theres on the street, who are at least that fast....and some that are not driven regularly on the street but are tagged and insured with the required OEM street equipment. I am not saying you are wrong, just saying that is a bold statement....the nation is pretty big.....lol.

And just for the record, I have a full interior, stereo, power windows and locks. and its an extended cab....with a back seat....
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
Man I would love to go but man Cali is far for a South Texas Boy lol
It's not that bad if you've got a buddy to help with the driving. Do it! You won't regret it.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

most of the trucks in the throw down are kinda weak, and fail at some point. They need to put something worth reading in the mag. Truckin' has been going down hill for a while.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK
most of the trucks in the throw down are kinda weak, and fail at some point. They need to put something worth reading in the mag. Truckin' has been going down hill for a while.
Really now? You consider a custom tube-chassis C10 on coilovers weak? How about an 1100hp twin-turbo Silverado SS? Or maybe our 700hp supercharged Novakane project? Or the 550hp LS-swapped '98 Tahoe?

Yeah, I could see how those trucks are pretty lame. Maybe you should bring your truck out and show us how much cooler it is. We'll be waiting to hear from you.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by truckinmag
Really now? You consider a custom tube-chassis C10 on coilovers weak? How about an 1100hp twin-turbo Silverado SS? Or maybe our 700hp supercharged Novakane project? Or the 550hp LS-swapped '98 Tahoe?

Yeah, I could see how those trucks are pretty lame. Maybe you should bring your truck out and show us how much cooler it is. We'll be waiting to hear from you.
Ok let me re-phase since my post came off kinda like a *****. There are plenty of trucks the deserve to be in your contest that are not. If that is just because they didn't try or were not picked i dont know. I never stated mine was cooler. I just know that there are plenty STREET driven trucks in the south that could make a hell of a showing.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK
Ok let me re-phase since my post came off kinda like a *****. There are plenty of trucks the deserve to be in your contest that are not. If that is just because they didn't try or were not picked i dont know. I never stated mine was cooler. I just know that there are plenty STREET driven trucks in the south that could make a hell of a showing.
Fair enough. Yes, there are a lot of cool trucks in the southwest region that have not competed. Unfortunately we haven't heard from most of them, which is why we're posting a thread here. We put the word out there quite a bit, but few people actually contact us. And, if they do, they often can't get time off work/get their truck ready in time/etc.

If you know someone with an awesome truck that deserves to be in the competition, send them here. If they want to participate, it's as simple as letting us know and driving out the day of. Sadly, a lot of people talk a big game but then make excuses about actually showing up
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just entered for LS fest!!

Quick Reply: Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013