Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Anyone from Norfolk, VA ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Norfolk, VA ??

I am getting forced to Norfolk, VA to work on an aircraft carrier or a submarine. Not sure yet. I will be there this Tuesday the 21st until April 27th?? i think. I just wanted to see if anyone in the area wanted to meet up and hang out. I will be bored and want something to do while I'm down there. I have never been there.
I'm still not sure if I want to take my truck or not. Don't want it to get broken into or stolen, because they usually put us in some shady areas of town, so i don't want to risk it either.

I am not happy about going, I have a lot of things to do and want to get a bunch of stuff done. Haven't got the wheels on yet or tires for that matter, pacesetter headers coming next week, wanted to notch the frame, shave the tailgate, roll pan, tint the tails, finish the LED install, TR220 cam, 918 springs, and re-install the 34" rad with the 05 fans. All will have to wait till may.... Dammit
And I'll miss the first month of drag racing. i wanted to really dial in a good r.t. this year, and beat on the truck too....

So if your from the area and want to meet up or whatever, let me know, looking forward to meeting some of you
Old 03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be back up there on the 8th ... I'll be down for hanging out after then. I am at home on leave right now. I have a laundry list on mods that will be done by the time I get up there.... you def need to bring the truck. It'll be fine on base.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in va beach and I work on Norfolk's base, Like I said before let all get together and chill, but my time is limited the wife is pregnant and needs me, you's understand but I still really want to get together with as much truck heads to chill.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:40 PM
11 Second Truck Club

i hated norfolk, to ghetto for me. if your looking for a place to live, move out to va beach or cheasapeke.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude, PM me when you get down here and we can hit lunch one of those days. I work on the base also.

Smoke
Old 03-16-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be driving down with the Pacesetter LT's in the bed, ready for install, and with the 20's on. I will be bringing the computer and a whold bunch of crap in the truck, I am gonna make the best of it.....

I PM'd the 3 of you my cell # , so give me a call sometime. I would definety like to hang out.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
i hated norfolk, to ghetto for me. if your looking for a place to live, move out to va beach or cheasapeke.
, there are many others around there too.
BenKey and extendocab come to mind... I'm sure the others will chime in soon. I just wished we could have all met up together every once in a while.
I met quite a few locals at VMP (Virginia Motorsports Park), so def check that out!!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just found out that they are bumping back the date that I travel down to Norfolk Shipyard, not the base.
So, now I'm leaving on Monday the 27th, so I get an extra 6 days so I can put in the Pacesetters in up here, and get the 20's on.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Truck addict

i used to live in vabeach. i had a blast there. i don't care for norfolk but there sure was a lot of racing going on all over the place.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im up in hampton, real short drive down, but traffic is a bitch. Maybe do a gtg at chillies or somthin.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Norfolk, VA ??