Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Hitting the dyno tonight, any guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
Theres radials pulling 1.0 60s
Do some homework on a good radial and youll change your song
Sorry, just my understanding of the subject... Here just like everyone else to learn about what i dont know and share what i do.. And drool over bad *** 900+ hp trucks whether theyre running slicks, drag radials or street tires... If something i say is mislead or misinformed, please feel free to call me out and correct me on it, just in a more civilized manner...
Old 09-20-2015, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

George what vehicles do the drs work best on to get the most out of them. Trucks, cars, soft springs or shocks or what? If radials are just as good in some settings then it sure would help on a streetable ride. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Sorry, just my understanding of the subject... Here just like everyone else to learn about what i dont know and share what i do.. And drool over bad *** 900+ hp trucks whether theyre running slicks, drag radials or street tires... If something i say is mislead or misinformed, please feel free to call me out and correct me on it, just in a more civilized manner...
I think your original quote was correct..... Unless im mistaken, seems like the fastest drag cars and bikes in the world run slicks?

I know there a few drag radial cars in the 6's maybe even faster?

Last edited by JordanH; 09-20-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

^ bingo. Sure radials are great and can work but nothing beats a slick. Anyone looking for maximum traction uses a slick, people that want to race in classes or chase records use radials.

I would love to see this truck w a beefy slick and skinnies.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:58 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

do any of you watch the "lights out" events or "no mercy" events?

some of the fastest cars in the world are on radials

its been proven over and over again, you run a slick then run a radial youll go faster on a prepped surface, but like anything you have to be setup to run the radial

you have murdernova for example going 4.4s on a 275 radial pulling 1.1 60's

as for slicks being softer you may want to play around with some good radials and see the compounds they have out there
Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
George what vehicles do the drs work best on to get the most out of them. Trucks, cars, soft springs or shocks or what? If radials are just as good in some settings then it sure would help on a streetable ride. Thanks!
just any vehicle, the vehicle in use needs to be setup to make anything work. a radial takes some more tuning of chassis to work but youll go faster but for alot of trucks a slick will work easier since many dont care to properly setup the chassis
Old 09-21-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm a drag radial fan. radials are faster on a properly set up vehicle. slicks are more forgiving which is great for someone who doesn't have the suspension to make a radial work. 99% of our trucks are not set up properly, so a slick makes more sense for most of our DD street applications. once you get a radial to work, you'll probably never go back to a slick. all the traction with none of the squishy tire feeling up top. better trap speed too. my dilemma is that mickey Thompson doesn't make a 33x22 drag radial (or a size close to it)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I'm a drag radial fan. radials are faster on a properly set up vehicle. slicks are more forgiving which is great for someone who doesn't have the suspension to make a radial work. 99% of our trucks are not set up properly, so a slick makes more sense for most of our DD street applications. once you get a radial to work, you'll probably never go back to a slick. all the traction with none of the squishy tire feeling up top. better trap speed too. my dilemma is that mickey Thompson doesn't make a 33x22 drag radial (or a size close to it)
put a 275 pro on that camaro and make it eat
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

put a 275 pro on that camaro and make it eat
yeah I know...but a 275 pro would look stupid with the narrowed rear and widened fenders.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do any of you watch the "lights out" events or "no mercy" events?

some of the fastest cars in the world are on radials

its been proven over and over again, you run a slick then run a radial youll go faster on a prepped surface, but like anything you have to be setup to run the radial

you have murdernova for example going 4.4s on a 275 radial pulling 1.1 60's

as for slicks being softer you may want to play around with some good radials and see the compounds they have out there
No doubt some of the fastest cars in the world run radials,.... But The fastest cars in the world, run slicks. There has to be a reason for this.

And yes, I will be investing in a set of drag radial in the near future for my street truck.... I just love the way they look

Quick Reply: Hitting the dyno tonight, any guesses?