Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Gen III 5.3L Peak Speed Shop Radical Ported Intake Dyno Results

Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pictures of the actual port work done?
stock vs ported
Old 09-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out our Online Store!

Go to Peak Speed Shop, Boosting Horsepower...Adding Style! to check out our new online store.

Order intake manifold porting, throttle body porting, FAST products plus intake parts.

Now, you no longer need to wait while you ship us your parts for porting. Pay a core charge to get the most common LS2, LS3 and LS7 parts from our inventory and be up and running the same day! Core charges are refundable once we receive your cores back. Order online at our new store!

For more information on Peak Speed Shop Services, go to our regular website at Peak Speed Shop Home . You can access our store from there, too.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats really not enough of a gain to feel.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor

to the top
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by peakspeedshop
We don't have flow numbers for comparison. However, I can tell you that the cathedral port nnbs TBSS intake manifold would flow considerably better. First, it has a 90mm throttle body opening rather than a 78mm throttle body opening. The plenum space is significantly larger, too.

Here is a photo of the GenIII intake and the GenIV intake:

GenIII

GenIV

However, you will probably discover that the cost of switching over to the GenIV TBSS intake manifold, fuel rails, etc. would cost nearly as much as simply going to the FAST LSXRT manifold.
That said, and although this is an old post, and may have already been discussed: Unless you have the 243 heads and a cam in a LM7/L33 or a NNBS truck(factory 243 heads) and a cam to match the superior flow of a NNBS intake, performance has actually been shown to suffer(in the low end, and minimal gains up high), even with this 90mm new style intake in stock form. On a 4.8/5.3!

And I know all NNBS trucks come with this intake and 243 heads. I would like to see a dyno comparing a L33 to a NNBS 5.3(sorry dont know the code) I'm thinking that the L33 would show a few(not much) more ftlbs down low.

I wouldn't hesitate in a second to get one (90mm New style) ported on a built older 6.0L or on the newer large bore 6.2. On a cammed/heads LM7 or a cammed L33 or a NNBS 5.3 would be a toss up due to the small mount of gains to be had with this mod. Mind you the price is fantastic! And the R&D in this is huge. Great Product Great work.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Teching In

That said again. I have a spare 78mm old style manifold in my possession and I am thinking of doing a experiment with it myself. I have ported SBC heads, Chain saw cylinders, throttle body's. I don't think this is beyond me. I have removed the rear cap, cleaned internally, and marked out what I want to remove. I will be removing small amounts at a time, because I really have no idea what all is in there as far as gusseted supports or anything. I will keep you all posted as to what I have done(with pics) and my general feelings of the outcome.

I would go ahead and just send this off to be done, but right now Its a tuned, headers, CAI 4.8. Soon it will be a 5.3, cammed, headers, high compression tuned, and....., and....., and....
And the other problem with sending this off to get ported is every time I send something or recieve something from across the border it always comes back to me with a fairly substantial freight charge/duty/COD of some sort attached.

If any of you have some extra time chime into my thread that I will be starting shortly. I have some options on my next build and I have asked the exact same thing on FSC and really haven't received any criticism or pointers. That may be a good thing, maybe I have it all right in my head and I don't need any input. LOL. But I doubt it.
Here is the link:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...0/#post5155030

Last edited by 87stocker; 10-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor

Default Peak Speed Shop Porting Process

Peak Speed Shop Porting Process

Some have asked about our porting process. Peak Speed Shop uses a three step process for porting intake manifolds and throttle bodies.
First, we use a steel crosscut bur for removing most of the material in key areas and to smooth transitions and ridges for better air flow.

Second, we us sanding rolls for smoothing out the area that had material removed by the crosscut bur.

Last, we using buffing pads to polish the work.
Unlike some businesses that do porting on the side, porting intake manifolds and throttle bodies is our primary business. We have earned a good reputation for quality work and service at competitive prices.

Go to our website at Peak Speed Shop Home for more information, or call us at 719-651-1952.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor

Bump to top
Old 11-17-2013, 05:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for giving some information away

Not many companies would do that, but it's not like everyone can just run out and do this on their own either. Most people have no trouble porting aluminum or steel but will cringe at the thought of porting plastic. So I don't think it will cause you to lose business

Originally Posted by peakspeedshop
However, you will probably discover that the cost of switching over to the GenIV TBSS intake manifold, fuel rails, etc. would cost nearly as much as simply going to the FAST LSXRT manifold.
Not if you can find a good deal on a complete, low-mileage, 08' 4.8L engine. I picked up for $200, which got me perfect 243's and GMT900 intake manifold...even if the block may have chewed up a lifter (which is why it was low-mileage and cheap).

Even the intake gaskets were spotless, which paid for themselves by being installed in my LQ4 last week. I would have had to pay $120 at the stealership for a new set!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor

Bump to top