Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Tired SBE lq4 runs 9.67@140 mph!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

man thats awesome really, if you ever decide to sell that truck let me know I would love to own it
Old 06-11-2016, 01:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

While we are on the subject of 4wd race trucks.........it's an undisputed fact that this territory was pioneered by Jim (Parish8). I'm not a 4wd kind of guy so I never really followed that part of the tech he posted. The information he shared with this site (much like how demanha or whatever his name is over on tech) certainly paved the way for this forums success.

Is there any real good 4wd tech related info anyone has saved up to share or links to his old escapades?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
While we are on the subject of 4wd race trucks.........it's an undisputed fact that this territory was pioneered by Jim (Parish8). I'm not a 4wd kind of guy so I never really followed that part of the tech he posted. The information he shared with this site (much like how demanha or whatever his name is over on tech) certainly paved the way for this forums success.

Is there any real good 4wd tech related info anyone has saved up to share or links to his old escapades?
Don't take this the wrong way, I like Jim and all, but to say he basically wrote the book on 4wd turbo trucks is giving him a little too much credit in my opinion. He was certainly one of the first to do it and showed it's potential, but many others have built upon that potential and done just as much for the community as he did. Stock48 for instance has been way faster with a simpler combo and has been open about sharing his setup, so to still insist parish is the deity of 4wd turbo trucks is a little insulting to others that are pioneers and successful in their own right.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Don't take this the wrong way, I like Jim and all, but to say he basically wrote the book on 4wd turbo trucks is giving him a little too much credit in my opinion. He was certainly one of the first to do it and showed it's potential, but many others have built upon that potential and done just as much for the community as he did. Stock48 for instance has been way faster with a simpler combo and has been open about sharing his setup, so to still insist parish is the deity of 4wd turbo trucks is a little insulting to others that are pioneers and successful in their own right.
Says one who could be considered in that class.... At least in some other peoples opinions....
Old 06-12-2016, 03:44 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Not taking it the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure he went quicker than anyone else with a 4x4 before anyone else. You clearly agreed with what I was trying to say in your quote above outlined in red. He was damn near the first one to run a 9 in a 99+ truck, 2wd or 4wd. So saying that he didn't pave the way is (and don't take this the wrong way) stupid.

Stock48 clearly has program on point, going faster than most with less than most including the 2wd crowd. Thats a big deal for sure, and my post takes absolutely nothing away from what he has accomplished. Unlike others, his slips do most of the talking (typing).

I was just politely asking if anyone saved or bookmarked any of the tech he posted about the 4wd aspect of his build.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I remember thinking Parish's build was cool when I read about it when it was happening live, he was definitely the pioneer but the formula has been refined immeasurably over the years and his build is completely outdated. If I do a search and come across a post from 2004 where Parish8 chimes in, I take it with a grain of salt. Whereas a stock48 or atomic post is fully relevant. So Parish 100% wins the pioneer award but atomic and stock48 and the modern pioneers win the relevant data award.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...silverado-4x4/
Old 06-12-2016, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man its not just atomic and stock 48..... Anybody who has produced 10sec or better on 1000hp out of a sbe and it has lived to tell the tale could be loaded into that category.... Gmctrk, atomic, blown06, and quite a few others have their place in that category.... I will never be anywhere close to what these guys have done... For a couple reasons, and i am ok with that, but these guys have my utmost respect!!
Old 06-12-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Coincidentally, denmah wasn't the first to throw ls junk together and make it fast. Parish did that too:

https://www.diyautotune.com/success-...ered-fairmont/
Old 06-12-2016, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Man its not just atomic and stock 48..... Anybody who has produced 10sec or better on 1000hp out of a sbe and it has lived to tell the tale could be loaded into that category.... Gmctrk, atomic, blown06, and quite a few others have their place in that category.... I will never be anywhere close to what these guys have done... For a couple reasons, and i am ok with that, but these guys have my utmost respect!!
Parish was the pioneer and he deserves that credit. But he was also working with outdated tech. Old pt88 turbo, old tuning software, etc.

That being said, I have the recipe. You give me a stock big rod 6.0, a borg 80, corn fuel and efi live and I will get 1k out of it. If I had the time right now, I would build a race truck and easily go 9s.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Parish was the pioneer and he deserves that credit. But he was also working with outdated tech. Old pt88 turbo, old tuning software, etc.

That being said, I have the recipe. You give me a stock big rod 6.0, a borg 80, corn fuel and efi live and I will get 1k out of it. If I had the time right now, I would build a race truck and easily go 9s.
I mean no disrespect, am not familiar personally with parish.....

Quick Reply: Tired SBE lq4 runs 9.67@140 mph!