Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Getting it done.. 1.49 60" 6.52@106.6

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice results
Old 05-20-2012, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im a little confused with this truck still. either you are great at working with that truck or there is alot more to the motor than whats being told. for instant there are 6.0 swaps, heads, cams, turbo, built tranny that can run the times your running. then there are 370 CI fully built motors with heads/cams, built tranny that are barely running faster than you if at all.

I know i got a lightning but seems like it just dont add up. Im not calling anyone a liar just seems odd. ive seen the truck run in person and its badass no doubt.

for what they are this truck and stock48s truck are the most impressive chevys to me on the internet that i have seen. especially stock48- badass drag truck, badass sand drag truck and street ability. flacos trucks of course

I have about 30-50rwhp/70-100rwtrq left in mine with a upgraded fuel system and my little 2.3 whipple will be pumping out all she has. last time i checked on turbo for mine i was looking anywhere from $5-8k
Old 05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hes defnitely in the 1% of stock longblock trucks but there are a ton in the high 10s low 11s. Hes also running a pretty good suspension, bogarts and a ton of track time so I dont think its too unbelievable. He should get a diaper on that motor though as I cant see the rods taking this abuse forever.

The big thing you have to remember is he is running a 4.8 which has a shorter stroke than the rest of the LS motors so his rod angle is much less so theyve got a better chance of living iwth the rpm and power.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Hes defnitely in the 1% of stock longblock trucks but there are a ton in the high 10s low 11s. Hes also running a pretty good suspension, bogarts and a ton of track time so I dont think its too unbelievable. He should get a diaper on that motor though as I cant see the rods taking this abuse forever.

The big thing you have to remember is he is running a 4.8 which has a shorter stroke than the rest of the LS motors so his rod angle is much less so theyve got a better chance of living iwth the rpm and power.
yea i guess he hit the nail on the head with this combo.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by svtlightning02
yea i guess he hit the nail on the head with this combo.
You got him in the 60' . He is just making more power than us
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowec
You got him in the 60' . He is just making more power than us
yea i would love to have turbo on mine, but cost for that to happen is crazy. with a upgraded fuel system, 2lbs more boost and little more timeing mine should be 6.3-6.4s 1/8th and 10.2-10.4s 1/4. it will happen oneday
Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

im a little confused with this truck still. either you are great at working with that truck or there is alot more to the motor than whats being told. for instant there are 6.0 swaps, heads, cams, turbo, built tranny that can run the times your running. then there are 370 CI fully built motors with heads/cams, built tranny that are barely running faster than you if at all.

I know i got a lightning but seems like it just dont add up. Im not calling anyone a liar just seems odd. ive seen the truck run in person and its badass no doubt.

for what they are this truck and stock48s truck are the most impressive chevys to me on the internet that i have seen. especially stock48- badass drag truck, badass sand drag truck and street ability. flacos trucks of course

I have about 30-50rwhp/70-100rwtrq left in mine with a upgraded fuel system and my little 2.3 whipple will be pumping out all she has. last time i checked on turbo for mine i was looking anywhere from $5-8k
Its the real deal.

yea i would love to have turbo on mine, but cost for that to happen is crazy. with a upgraded fuel system, 2lbs more boost and little more timeing mine should be 6.3-6.4s 1/8th and 10.2-10.4s 1/4. it will happen oneday
Dont think 2 more #'s of boost is gonna drop you 3-5 tenths IMHO.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is absolutely amazing what you are doing with that 4.8L. Congrats again!!! Best of luck on the quest for 9s!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chrisheltra
Its the real deal.

Dont think 2 more #'s of boost is gonna drop you 3-5 tenths IMHO.
i maybe wrong chris but im pretty sure it will do it with 2lb more boost, fuel system and more timeing and probably a bigger MAF. Jim sr. said it had another 30-50rwhp/70-100rwtrq left in it. remember im on a email tune that was only adjusted for the A/F. its the orginal tune JDM sent me when i put the motor in. My plan is next year im going to buy a 4door 4x4 ecoboost and buy a trailer to haul mine on and probably going to take a weeks vacation and head north to JDM for a dyno tune and maybe some track testing up there.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Teching In

These 4.8's are stout. We put them in lots of stuff and pound the hell out of them. The first motor is free with the truck so why not test it.

I don't see where you are getting 5-8k for a turbo kit, we've done them for less than 1000 bucks although they arent gonna win you a car show (minus injectors, pump(s), tuning)

I run a 260 dollar chinese turbo on my truck, check my sig for times.

I believe his times and that he runs a stock motor. **** my friend made 640rwhp with a stock 4.8 turbo + zr1 cam and spray in his fairmont. I pulled that motor out of the junkyard it looked like hell on the outside.

Quick Reply: Getting it done.. 1.49 60" 6.52@106.6