Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Converting to manual brakes/steering=dragtruck

Old 09-30-2016, 05:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
19 psi seems low for 936. I was running 21-22 psi on E85 time in sig, but it's all relative I guess
Not sure, procharged 5.3 that went before me struggled to break 400 so I don't think the dyno was overly generous. I am no dyno expert for sure.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

you have the weight, whats your best time and mph on 19lbs?
All of the odds and ends removed like washer tank, spare tire reel and brace, evap etc..?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Nope , full weight minus ac (bad evaporator)
Never ran on 19 pounds.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to see a Ss bumper cover with some light tubing as a frame. Does anyone have any pics? What does the stock front bumper weigh?

Originally Posted by skolman91
Could lose the bumpers and go covers with fab'd bracing to lose some weight.
How many psi did you need for the 936whp and what intake you using? Jus curious as ill have a similar setup..
Old 09-30-2016, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Stock Ole skool intake and throttle body. .. Ole 01 style stuff.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:58 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't think I posted it in my build thread yet, but I did some major weight removal from the stock front bumper. Decided I didn't like the look of the SS bumper cover. I wanted to keep it stock looking. I didn't weigh how much weight I took out of it, but it was pretty significant. I also made sure it was supported in the middle so that I could kneel or stand on it to work under the hood.

Stay tuned and I'll try to get some pics uploaded to my photobucket and I'll post them up in my build thread.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:42 AM
Staging Lane

That will work I was just afraid I couldn't lose a lot of weight and keep the stock bumper .
Originally Posted by Blown06
Don't think I posted it in my build thread yet, but I did some major weight removal from the stock front bumper. Decided I didn't like the look of the SS bumper cover. I wanted to keep it stock looking. I didn't weigh how much weight I took out of it, but it was pretty significant. I also made sure it was supported in the middle so that I could kneel or stand on it to work under the hood.

Stay tuned and I'll try to get some pics uploaded to my photobucket and I'll post them up in my build thread.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:35 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I basically un-skinned it. Took the top painted plastic part off and the bottom plastic part off. Then went to town with a hole saw and trimmed all the upper support off the upper sides. I then welded in 3 small "struts" in the middle to keep it from flexing if I kneel or stand on it.

Then I went to town on the side mounts. Think hole saw again and some band saw work.

Then for the two center mounts.....same treatment, then welded on some tabs to bolt to my custom front sub-frame. I did an upper and lower bolt to also help with flex if I put my weight on it.

Then put the upper and lower plastic parts back on and the fog lights in. From the outside, it looks completely unmodified.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blown06
I basically un-skinned it. Took the top painted plastic part off and the bottom plastic part off. Then went to town with a hole saw and trimmed all the upper support off the upper sides. I then welded in 3 small "struts" in the middle to keep it from flexing if I kneel or stand on it.

Then I went to town on the side mounts. Think hole saw again and some band saw work.

Then for the two center mounts.....same treatment, then welded on some tabs to bolt to my custom front sub-frame. I did an upper and lower bolt to also help with flex if I put my weight on it.

Then put the upper and lower plastic parts back on and the fog lights in. From the outside, it looks completely unmodified.
NICE , would love to see build pics of this stuff!!!