SRT8 Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT8 Jeep

I have been thinking of trading in my wife CTS-V and getting her a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 or a Trail balzer SS.
Which one should I go with?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you posted in a Dodge section of a predominantly GM forum....Me? I would keep the CTS-V
Old 01-06-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, I would like to, it only has 12k on it also.
But I will be a dad in about 4 mths ans she wants a small suv.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Teching In

We also looked at the SRT-8 for a baby hauling-grocery getter. We drove the Jeep then the TBSS. I found there was more room in the TBSS and the towing capacity was terrible on the Jeep and dont forget the price. Our TBSS was 14K cheaper then the Jeep
Old 01-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Despite costing more, I am perfectly happy with my srt8. I've raced a SS with a cam, 3000 stall, heads, tune, and headers and he still lost 2 out of 3 races I had with him. It was close on all 3 races, within a 10th. Those mods + the price of the ss will almost equal the price of an srt8, and I still have my warranty, while he definitly doesn't.

Not sure about the cornering ability of the SS but the SRT-8 will corner on part with the srt8 cars, it would actually make for a decent autocross vehicle.

The srt8 is rated for 3500lbs or a class 2 hitch. Enough to haul a 4x8 trailer or a boat and several do on the cherokee srt sites. The centre exhaust does make it a little more challenging to find a hitch that works with the stock exhaust. There's a class 1 hitch out there that works just fine and is the one I planning on getting, as I will need to haul about 2000lbs. If you want to go to an aftermarket exhaust you'll need to be careful which one to buy as some of them won't fly with the hitch. The billy boat exhaust will.

Mods, Chevy always has the advantage there, but there's a number of stroker kits for the hemis, superchargers, turbos, head/cam packages and some tuning options out for them now. I do believe the fastest GCSRT8 runs mid to low 11's and that's before all the stroker packages starting showing up, you'll see these beasts in the 10's this summer. Keep in mind the hemi responds extremely well to NOS, 100 shot will nearly get you 100hp to the tires.

I am not going to tell you which one is better for you, but I am very happy with mine, and the ss driver I raced was thinking twice about his choice.

*Edit* btw the seats in the jeep are way better, for that matter they are way better then anything you could even get in a ML63 AMG or a Porche Cayanne Turbo S.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

I think they are both awesome. I would test drive both and make a decision.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I ended up buying the SRT 8 Jeep. A buddy has a TBSS and I have have driven it several times. After driving the Jeep there is no comparison - power, handling, and brakes are all there, even options and the seats are alot better. I am a GM guy, but I guess the SRT8 guys now what they are doing! I will post pics up, it is Steel Blue Metalic.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 00Z71
Well I ended up buying the SRT 8 Jeep. A buddy has a TBSS and I have have driven it several times. After driving the Jeep there is no comparison - power, handling, and brakes are all there, even options and the seats are alot better. I am a GM guy, but I guess the SRT8 guys now what they are doing! I will post pics up, it is Steel Blue Metalic.
Congrats on the new ride. I'm in the same boat as you, although I'm leaning more towards the SS but I really like the SRT too.
My wife doesn't like the thought of the TBSS's 16mpg hwy. Wait till she finds out the SRT8's mileage.....Better not tell her.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...52#post3824852

Check out the picture album also.. depends on if you want a car or suv.. IMO get the SRT8

Quick Reply: SRT8 Jeep