Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

MBRP PRO SERIES EXHAUST FOR 6.4L Hemi

Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation MBRP PRO SERIES EXHAUST FOR 6.4L Hemi

Recently had purchased and had installed the MBRP Pro Series Cat-Back Exhaust System on my 2016, Ram, Power Wagon. The exhaust system looks great with 4-inch tubes and 5-inch exhaust tips exiting behind each wheel. What a nice looking system and how pleased I was (at the same time also has installed a K&N, Series 77, Cold Air Intake). Now for the bad news. I just can't, as much as I have tried, handle the horrible DRONE this system produces in my truck. Heck, it is even on the same exact truck as my truck, including color, that MBRP features on their website with this system installed; so, you would think there would be no drone problems. Anyway, I thought that perhaps I can solve the problem with the installation of a resonator? I called the company and there is no available MBRP resonator for this particular exhaust system because there is no room. MBRP claims they have had no drone complaints other then mine concerning this system; so, maybe the muffler is defective. Anyway, the next step is to install the new muffler the company is going to send me and hope there was a defect with the original muffler; although, I highly doubt it but then again who knows maybe I'll get lucky! I think I'm going to be stuck with an expensive mistake! Any ideas greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

You can always make room for a resonator, it just won't be a bolt in type deal more than likely.

I know in your other thread the other guy said you can make a helmholtz resonator, it will require welding into the catback to make it work.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
You can always make room for a resonator, it just won't be a bolt in type deal more than likely.

I know in your other thread the other guy said you can make a helmholtz resonator, it will require welding into the catback to make it work.
Thanks for the information. I am going to first see if the replacement muffler from MBRP that is supposed to arrive this week makes any difference.