Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

KRC Performance Cams for the 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DaPurpleRT
I'm not 100% sure of everything they are doing but I do know it will be a beast. If you know notch's name, check out KRC's home page and you'll see what I mean.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Well KRC has come through for me.
Aug 8 - Custom nitrous grind cam - beehive springs and Apexi Controller.
I guess I won't be sleeping much for the next few weeks. Feel like a kid waitin on Christmas!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear the two higher grinds were giving some trucks fits due to the reduced vacuum signal at idle. Comp uses a much smaller LSA for the scavenging effects. Great for power, bad for emissions and idle vacuum.
The DC computer has a comparator circuit that measures, among many other things, the MAP signal vs the TPS signal. When the signals get out of a certain tolerance range, I think 5%, it can cause the computer to shut down or go into limp mode. The 2003 guys seem to be more prone to this ( we have less fuel pressure in the rail ) and it causes all kinds of tuning bugs.
I ordered a 6.1L cam and springs to install on my 5.7L rebuild. I am probably gonna need to do some spring seat cutting and such but combined with a little home grinding I hope to see some gains.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Yep- Marty told me all the issues with the cam and the vaccum issue at idle, that's where the Apexi unti comes into play. The small cam only requires the idle be bumped from 500 to 750. The 2 bigger comp cams and the custom grinds by krc (nitrous grind I'll be getting) of them require some help. KRC is having a meeting today with a tuning company (can't tell but you can figure it out) to see if they can make there hand helds include a cam adjustment to help with the vaccum issue. If they have it figured out and added to the handheld by Aug 8 I'll just use that. If not, they'll be hard wiring the Apexi SAFC (i think) to handle the vaccum as well as other functions they've figured out will work. I can't wait. The cam alone is good for 58 to the wheels- much less when adding the spray and the water/meth injection. I can't wait to see what it puts down on th edyno when the tune it.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
Yep- Marty told me all the issues with the cam and the vaccum issue at idle, that's where the Apexi unti comes into play. The small cam only requires the idle be bumped from 500 to 750. The 2 bigger comp cams and the custom grinds by krc (nitrous grind I'll be getting) of them require some help. KRC is having a meeting today with a tuning company (can't tell but you can figure it out) to see if they can make there hand helds include a cam adjustment to help with the vaccum issue. If they have it figured out and added to the handheld by Aug 8 I'll just use that. If not, they'll be hard wiring the Apexi SAFC (i think) to handle the vaccum as well as other functions they've figured out will work. I can't wait. The cam alone is good for 58 to the wheels- much less when adding the spray and the water/meth injection. I can't wait to see what it puts down on th edyno when the tune it.
He was talking about that "hand held" company on the other boards. It was in the thread where he was talking about the hemi truck they are doing for Mopar Muscle.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
Looks like KRC has cranked out 5 different cams for the HEMI, anyone heard any stories or installed one yet? I looked on their website and checked them out, looks good, just wondering what results you guys got?

They are currently doing an install with a comp cam and our heads on a truck for Mopar Muscle. I talked to Marty last Friday and they are supposed to have some numbers up very soon.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

They have the numbers on their site- great numbers.

I'm looking forward to having my install done in a few weeks and I'm ALWAYS interested in new mods available. Can you email me the info and price on a set of your heads for the hemi? Let me know as soon as you can, maybe I can work something out and do them at the cam install.
Thanks
CS
Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like the handheld company is going to come through and make the cam selection an option on their 04-05 tuners. That's BIG!!

I, however, will be S.O.L. since the tuners won't be officially out when I go in for the cam install. That means I'll have to foot the bill for the Apexi install, then buy the tuner and uninstall the Apexi. (Unless I can keep it in and control some other functions with it.) Anyway- I've been researching on the 04-05 Ram Hemi tuner and from what I've read this f-ing torque management is all but completely disabled as well as tranny shift firmness increased. Add that with the standard rev limiter increase and speed limit increase and it's a great package. They are also making upgrades accessible via internet for custom tunes, etc. NICE!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
They have the numbers on their site- great numbers.

I'm looking forward to having my install done in a few weeks and I'm ALWAYS interested in new mods available. Can you email me the info and price on a set of your heads for the hemi? Let me know as soon as you can, maybe I can work something out and do them at the cam install.
Thanks
CS
Our stage I hemi heads they used on Randy's truck are $1,195.00 assembled with exchange. These heads react very well to porting. On our bench these heads baslined at 253/155 @ .600" stock and our stage I heads flow 300/205 @ .600"
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

very nice gains. does patriot do any magnum heads?

Quick Reply: KRC Performance Cams for the 5.7