Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

KRC Performance Cams for the 5.7

Old 07-13-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KRC Performance Cams for the 5.7

Looks like KRC has cranked out 5 different cams for the HEMI, anyone heard any stories or installed one yet? I looked on their website and checked them out, looks good, just wondering what results you guys got?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Sup RBR-
I've been trying schedule an appointment to have the nitrous/supercharger grind cam installed for 3 months. KRC tells me they are booked solid through the summer. I do know notchlx has his Dak there being built and they are a few weeks behind on his. Anyway, the cams are comp cam's 3 grinds and the other 2 I believe are their own custom grinds. That's what I've heard, I haven't compared the lift/dur or other specs. I just know I want an appt before the end of august to get the cam and beehive springs in.
I still want to talk to you about the p and p too.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds good Colt, give me a holla when you are ready.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

KRC is really busy, Devil Brad and I went down to the shop for a visit since its only an hour or so away. When we went, they had 4-5 trucks and only 2-3 people working there. They do good stuff, they just need more good people to help out. I wish they were local, id love to go work there part time.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

the biggest problem with putting a cam in is the inability to tune for it on these trucks at the moment.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

There is a cam on the LX boards they are talking about adding 50rwhp+ just with the cam swap, what's the story on this and has anyone tried it on thier Ram?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

A guy in texas (i think) put the middle comp cam in, the XFI 268. Comp Cams showed in gaining 47 peak hp at the motor and he showed a max gain of 32 (i think) on a chasis dyno. Has hasn't had any tuning probs and is spraying with it too. The pcm has to "learn" the cam but once you get 25 start cycles I believe it's fine.
I want one.

Like I said, I know how busy krc is. A buddy has a Dak down there and he's 3 weeks over (2 weeks ago) and still hasn't got it. He's not pushing though, you know you're going to be happy when they are done. I'm just going to wait until they can get me in and be happy. I emailed Bill again today to get an update. No prob here.

RBR-
Maybe I can slide in for the p and p late august and do the cam when they can get me in later this year. hhhmmmm
Old 07-14-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Resident

I've met quite a few dakota owners at shows that have delt with KRC and have nothing but good things to say about them. This winter I plan on building a new motor and most of my parts will be purchased from them.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think some of the hemis are having trouble adapting to the new cams for whatever reason, I hope they can get some tuning software out, of course, so does everyone.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Colt, what is notch having done to his truck? It ran well with the Blower until the ole 4.7 fuel issue caught up with him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KRC Performance Cams for the 5.7