Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

Dodge vs. GM trucks comparison, shopping...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitly go with the Gm truck... And if you want more power stock... Go with the 6.2 and 6 speed tranny. That's what my escalade has and it would out run a hemi all day long!!! The Gm truck Is built far better and I beleive will last you alot longer... Take it from me cause I'm hard on everything I own.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

I was in the same boat a couple weeks ago. I liked the way both trucks looked. The 5.3 performaned well, better then I would have thought but the 5.7 Hemi is tuff. In the end, the Dodge trucks had more options and the cost was similar. The thing that pushed me over the fence into the Ram was 10k of the sticker!!!! Couldn't pass it up. The biggest dilema I had with GM was finding a 6.2, not 1 in the Chicagoland area for sale. I couldn't make sense out of it. Anyway, I've got my Hemi, its torquey, its quick, and HUGE. Love driving it, seems that Hemi can use a tuner to get ride of some torque management too. Also, I see a lot more Chevys on the road, I was a die hard GM guy my whole life and will probably own another Chevy truck down the road but Dodge needs some love right now.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Juiced1 I know how ya feel man I was kinda in the market for a truck and had been a chevy guy for life but the NNBS didnt do it for me. I know GM has the aftermarket wrapped up better than Ford or Dodge but its hard to beat the dodge deal 10K off sticker prices and FREE hemi upgrades GM cant say that bout the 6.2 you can get it but your damn sure gonna have to pay for it I say If GM or Ford woulda built something that I woulda wanted I woulda bought it, but they didnt!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got a 05 Ram QC 4x4 with the Hemi..no complaints with it at all. However I'm wanting a new truck, gonna keep the Ram but have been looking for a RCSB Chevy. I had a '00 stepside with the 5.3 and loved it. I just can't seem to find any regular cabs with a 5.3 anywhere that isn't a 4wd. I really like the new Dodges though, but as far as doing any modding...GM is the way to go.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was chevy my whole life but I'm dissapointed in them their interior sucks im sry dodge has stepped their game and thats y im driving an 11 dodge instead of 11 gmc and $10k difference
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Chevy will be doing a complete body and interior designs on the trucks in 2014 I believe. They have been putting all their focus on the emissions. What they came up with is some of the cleanest running truck engines without sacrificing any power. This is why the chevy trucks produce more over all performance than the other trucks, but are falling behind on interior and exterior designs.

Honestly, my denali interior is pretty damn nice though. Can't complain, although ford and dodge both have nice ones too. Dodge actually had to LOSE power under highway speeds to stay within emissions changes.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Chevy may have emissions under control but in all honesty you can get a HEMI for FREE! Try getting any engine from GM thats got anywhere near that kinda power for free. It aint gonna happen, ever GM loves their stuff too much for that. The 6.2 is a great engine but you gotta get a highly optioned truck to get it aka 40-50K truck! IMO thats crazy the hemi is a couple ponies down from the 6.2 but damn for all that extra money you could build a hemi stroker. I know the smog ****'s give a hoot about emissions but not many of the car/truck enthusiast do, unless they live in a smog check area. I will also agree that the Denali trucks have super nice interiors but for what they cost they should! I have never owned anything basides GM until now, and all I can say is I'm super happy with my purchase. Until GM changes their styling inside and out and add's at least 50HP top the 5.3, or lets me get a 6.2 in a RCSB 2wd that doesnt cost 40K I won't be looking in their direction! The on complaint about Dodge their aftermarket isn't as great and the 2011 ECU's seem to be impossible to crack!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Burgundy&TanMan
Chevy may have emissions under control but in all honesty you can get a HEMI for FREE! Try getting any engine from GM thats got anywhere near that kinda power for free. It aint gonna happen, ever GM loves their stuff too much for that. The 6.2 is a great engine but you gotta get a highly optioned truck to get it aka 40-50K truck! IMO thats crazy the hemi is a couple ponies down from the 6.2 but damn for all that extra money you could build a hemi stroker. I know the smog ****'s give a hoot about emissions but not many of the car/truck enthusiast do, unless they live in a smog check area. I will also agree that the Denali trucks have super nice interiors but for what they cost they should! I have never owned anything basides GM until now, and all I can say is I'm super happy with my purchase. Until GM changes their styling inside and out and add's at least 50HP top the 5.3, or lets me get a 6.2 in a RCSB 2wd that doesnt cost 40K I won't be looking in their direction! The on complaint about Dodge their aftermarket isn't as great and the 2011 ECU's seem to be impossible to crack!

I bought my 11 GMC 6.2 for 31K out the door!
crewcab texas edition with 20's
it's fully loaded with everything except navi,leather,sunroof!

Its got a tune,muffler,cai and ran 13.8's all day last week at the track.

The deals are out there, you just have to look hard enough.

The new dodges are nice do doubt just never been a fan.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Dodge all the way bro Verry refined trucks.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I'm concerned, a GM/good tuning/6L80E would rape a new Dodge in reliability and power. The LS engines are really just awesome, all around. My dad has a new Dodge 1500 crew that he traded his F-250 in for, and it's a nice truck but it just wouldn't satisfy me. I like aftermarket support and capability NOW, and Dodge doesn't have much of that. Then again, it doesn't sound like you do much towing anyways, so it probably won't matter if you want to keep the mods mild...but like Brutal said, the deals are out there. You might just have to do some hunting for them.

There's my few drips in this pissing match.

Quick Reply: Dodge vs. GM trucks comparison, shopping...