Cummins intake testing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Cummins intake testing

I'll be receiving a new intake setup from Vararam soon. I plan to monitor before/after fuel economy, and we also plan on doing some before/after Dyno testing.

FYI, I have a 2004.5 Cummins 600 dually diesel. Bone stock for now!

Tony
Old 06-27-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt know you were a Cummins man. Vara i bet is good, but most big power and economy makers go with the BHAF (Big Honkin *** Filter), or Scotty II.

If you get some time check out www.dieseltruckresource.com

There is alot of good info over there, and I've kinda been advertising this site to them over there.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I want to see you dyno too stock. You dont have much with free mods you can do, but with programmers those things are BAD ***.

You gotta at least take out the silencer ring in the turbo and ditch the muffler with a strait pipe. It sounds sweet.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tony i am curious how you like your truck so far.
I am seriously looking into an 05 laramie cummins and i would like to here some input from you as i know you put yours through some towing and dd action.
Could you just give your personal overview of you truck pros and cons if you could.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Teching In

I'm curious about the cummins too.
My 05 silverado doesnt cut it, for anything. Never thought I'd ever look at anything other than a GM, but I guess things have changed.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike_J
I'm curious about the cummins too.
My 05 silverado doesnt cut it, for anything. Never thought I'd ever look at anything other than a GM, but I guess things have changed.
Have you looked at the duramax at all though ? If you want a diesel go look at all of them there are alot of differences.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Default Re:

I'm so dissappointed with the chevy I have now there's no way I'm giving GM the chance to rip me again until they change some things.

In defense of Duramax though, nothing at all against the motor and havent heard anything bad about them, its just the truck they are sitting in.

Hear the new powerstrokes are having problems though?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike_J
I'm so dissappointed with the chevy I have now there's no way I'm giving GM the chance to rip me again until they change some things.

In defense of Duramax though, nothing at all against the motor and havent heard anything bad about them, its just the truck they are sitting in.

Hear the new powerstrokes are having problems though?
i have been doing some EXTENSIVE research on new trucks. nothing against my chevy but i am getting tired of it QUICK. i now hate the front end and my seat is falling apart at 27000 miles.

I have driven 2 different cummins in my search for trucks, and IMO they have way more power from the SOTP feeling than the ford or the gm.

I am gonna hold out a little longer, and wait until the dealers get anxious to get rid of trucks then you will see me in something new
Old 06-29-2005, 08:54 PM

I'm seriously thinking about getting a new 2500 CTD although the wife doesn't know it yet.
Jim
Old 06-29-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ram4Pick
I'm seriously thinking about getting a new 2500 CTD although the wife doesn't know it yet.
Jim
what's up Jim! i wondered who the hell Ram4Pick was. Congrats on the mod status!

So tell us how is your truck holding up, and why are you considering the CTD?

Quick Reply: Cummins intake testing