Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00gmc4.8
I'm from Defiance, OH bought an hour from Toledo i wouldn't mind goin up to milan for a truck test and tune. Not to many guys around me with trucks like mine all diesel 8 luggers mostly. I never ran down the strip it would be fun.

Cool, yeah last fall we met some other guys from near Toledo who came up to Milan. Were some good guys to shoot the **** with. I think one was pretty disappointed at how slow his truck ended up being though, cuz we were all talking about how stoked we were to do more mods and get faster, but then a week later I saw his truck for sale on craigslist, haha!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it TeamPaulie? I actually went and looked at his truck, was in the market for a rcsb but i decided just to stay ecsb make my truck run like dirt_track_racer_81. I am actually going to buy a lq4 tonight my 4.8 sucks lol
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Was it TeamPaulie? I actually went and looked at his truck, was in the market for a rcsb but i decided just to stay ecsb make my truck run like dirt_track_racer_81. I am actually going to buy a lq4 tonight my 4.8 sucks lol
Nope I don't believe I've met TeamPaulie before. I think one of the guys may have been a member on here but seldom user...

And yeah, 4.8, esp. NA, is super limited.
U ended up getting one of my LQ9s from Ohio from a torched escalade with only like 55k mi for only $750, and during tear down it looked like new!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Yeah this lq4 i seen on craigslist the guy didn't know how many miles were on it, it has iron heads idk the casting # the oil pan is cracked. I'm picking it up for $250 pretty much for the block, wanna build a 408 stroker so i figured it's a perfect starting block.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Yeah those TBSS guys are a good bunch worth meeting and two of them are nasty fast. Stroker kits full build ups with Procharger F1-RC set ups they get good track times to say the least. Whats left to do on your build? And by any chance is Tom the guy with the RC Silvy that's lowered with the Maggie? If it is I've met him at lapeer last year with big Shaun the guy that has the blue AWD Silvy SS with the Maggie on it.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stoshball
Yeah those TBSS guys are a good bunch worth meeting and two of them are nasty fast. Stroker kits full build ups with Procharger F1-RC set ups they get good track times to say the least. Whats left to do on your build? And by any chance is Tom the guy with the RC Silvy that's lowered with the Maggie? If it is I've met him at lapeer last year with big Shaun the guy that has the blue AWD Silvy SS with the Maggie on it.

Ha yeah sounds like they sunk some coin into those trailblazers!
I'm just doing a fast intake swap, ended up getting one for free from a friend of a friend. Just hope I don't have any vacuum leaks!
And yeah, that sounds like Tom. I think I remember when you all went to Lapeer drag way, I wanted to go but couldn't make it out for some reason.... never met big Shaun before.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Shaun is a good guy hard to work track time into his schedule he's always supper busy on the weekends. That was the only time I met Tom seems like a cool guy though. But yeah you need to get the intake swapped for sure and get another Silvy out on the streets. Actually ran Woodward last night for a minute with another SS I know would have been a good night till the rain set in.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah this lq4 i seen on craigslist the guy didn't know how many miles were on it, it has iron heads idk the casting # the oil pan is cracked. I'm picking it up for $250 pretty much for the block, wanna build a 408 stroker so i figured it's a perfect starting block.
Hey idk if your still looking for a build up, simplemanlance has a lq4 .030 over fresh block- hes trying to get rid of. i think its still on craigslist in detroit area.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Im still around been hidding out for while truck has been through alot the past couple years, Body work/paint, updated trans to flt5, added a Mp122 maggie- still working on tuning this thing in- but i just had my daughter 3 weeks ago so i havent had time to do much of anything. I have a few buddys pushing for me to go to woodward also thinking i might go out there not sure though.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Yeah I know how the new baby thing works, my son is 18 months old and is the only thing that takes up more time and money than my truck hahaha. Woodward is a good time on saturday nights. Lots of cars to see down there. If you ever decide to go down hit me up on this post I'm usually always down around 13 mile with the trail blazer ss group.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trxmxzx
Hey idk if your still looking for a build up, simplemanlance has a lq4 .030 over fresh block- hes trying to get rid of. i think its still on craigslist in detroit area.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Im still around been hidding out for while truck has been through alot the past couple years, Body work/paint, updated trans to flt5, added a Mp122 maggie- still working on tuning this thing in- but i just had my daughter 3 weeks ago so i havent had time to do much of anything. I have a few buddys pushing for me to go to woodward also thinking i might go out there not sure though.
Thanks man i have been searching craigslist up and down i will have to check that out. That lq4 i got for $250 well it was cracked behind the flexplate. Got a lead on a lq4 from an 04 2500 suburban with 140,xxx miles for a grand and its only 25 min. away from me might try to pick that up.

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2