Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, got a new best? Yet...?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

well here we are nearly a year later... gonna try to make it over to Milan this Weds 10/24. Tom fastnblu is going.... anyone else??
Weather should be good.

just hoping some new rear calipers I ordered will arrive tomorrow so I can swap them in time, my old ones are sticking BAD for some reason...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****, I even drove the cobra into work that day.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Paulie, u shoulda came. Great weather, wish I could say the same for track. Delays, delays. Accidents, everyone breakin **** tryin to get their last runs of season in. Very diappointed in track conditions overall, gettin there at 6, my 1st run due to delays was @ 7. Repeat same, then get last 2 runs @ 9:55, & 10:15.

2 really shitty runs on & off gas multiple times. Last run, I tried, to gradually lay into it. Ran my fastest ever, but still I wanted more, as there's more left in it.

Next season: Traction aids that'll be purchased soon.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys should set up a spring track day. Im would be down to go im in chicago about 6 hours away.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Paulie, u shoulda came. Great weather, wish I could say the same for track. Delays, delays. Accidents, everyone breakin **** tryin to get their last runs of season in. Very diappointed in track conditions overall, gettin there at 6, my 1st run due to delays was @ 7. Repeat same, then get last 2 runs @ 9:55, & 10:15.

2 really shitty runs on & off gas multiple times. Last run, I tried, to gradually lay into it. Ran my fastest ever, but still I wanted more, as there's more left in it.

Next season: Traction aids that'll be purchased soon.
Haha, Tom, makes me laugh how you're all like, yeah you shoulda come out, then proceed to bash on the whole experience!

Yeah, definitely had fun, regardless of not many of us laying down good fast runs that we all were hoping for (besides $$ dude in his new skyline GT-R, haha)!
Tom, you definitely need to step up your tires, those stocker all season tires looked like garbage. I doubt even playing with psi much more would have yielded much more advantage... Your trap speeds seemed to show much more potential from what I could tell. If you could hook I'm sure you'd be in my area, maybe even faster, and makin' me want to go boost!

Met a couple of good guys there who came up from Ohio in their GM FS. Hopefully gave them some motivation to hop on the hop-ups over the winter, haha.

Was also some interesting "entertainment" just people watching as the "posses" of people were bickering at eachother over some ridiculous BS all night...

...also found out first hand just how much potential lie within those new Ford Eco-Boost TT motors in the new F-150's! hot damn, that one there just had a cat-back exhaust and a tune, and was pushing 530+ ft/lb's to the wheels! I need a godamn turbo on mine now, haha.

Originally Posted by slowswb
You guys should set up a spring track day. Im would be down to go im in chicago about 6 hours away.

yep, either way though, spring or fall, it's so hard to predict weather and point to a specific date on the calendar... But just keep watching this thread, I'll try to remember to post up here if I'm thinking of going.

I may actually try to get out there again this year if weather and schedule works out again. Might wanna give Lapeer Dragway a shot too just for fun... but even farther for you from Chicago area...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a haul to milan i have gone there for no et. Living at six am to make there by noon.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowswb
Its a haul to milan i have gone there for no et. Living at six am to make there by noon.
oh yeah, that's a full on road trip for sure!

Not like I live close either though, I'm well over an hour there, depending on traffic/construction. Farther for me than guys who come up from Toledo, OH!
...the guy who I was mentioning with the overboosted Eco-boost F-150 only lived 8mi. up the road from Milan, but he said it was his first time there, ha wtf.

final No ET of the year is coming up soon...
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alot of chicago grudge races go to it.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Mitten role call 2013!

Who's still around?

I wanna start going out to some Test n Tune's this August (still piecing together some minor mods) and I hate being the only truck... who's up for it?

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2