Cars and Motorcycle Classifieds All Makes and Models

FS: 2002 Mazda Protege5 - Awesome DD! 30mpg!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 2002 Mazda Protege5 - Awesome DD! 30mpg!

PT.net price $3000 (have it locally on CL for $3400)

Originally a SoCal car, my father purchased it from the original owner w/ 60K miles on it and it has been in my family ever since and 95% of the mileage we've put on the car is highway commuting miles. It has all power options (windows, door locks, sunroof) that all work perfectly and the sunroof is tight and leak free, as is the rest of the car. The car has no rust issues since it spent the first half of it's life in California! I purchased the car from my father w/ 100k miles on it and have invested a tremendous amount of time, effort and money in it to keep it running in tip top shape:

@ 95k: front lower control arms and outer tie rods replaced (I did this for my father)
@ 100k: new battery, passenger side axle, tranny flush, intake tube (OEM Mazda part) replaced
@ 105k: new timing belt, tensioner, water pump, accessory belts and gasket kit, thermostat and upper/lower radiator hoses (all OEM Mazda parts) installed and cooling system flushed
@ 110k: new shocks @ all four corners replaced
@ 112k: new Kenwood Excelon CD radio w/ USB/iPod/iPhone hookup, new low profile radio antenna mast
@ 115k: new General ultra high performance all season tires installed @ all four corners
@ 120k: new spark plugs installed, AC compressor replaced
@ 125k: new front/rear brakes (pads AND rotors) installed, both rear calipers replaced and brake system flushed

The car needs nothing and drives like new, still gets 30mpg highway! I am very meticulous in how I car for my vehicles and have service records documenting all work done (that I didn't do myself, but have receipts for parts in those cases) and I also have the service records/history from the 1st owner as well! Since it's been in my family it has always received Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and filter changes every 3500 miles and I just changed the oil, oil filter, PCV valve and grommet and the air filter about 300 miles ago.

I have two sets of keys/keyless entry fobs for the car, a binder with all service records, and some extra parts to go with the car (driver's side axle (purchased at the time the passenger side axle was replaced just in case but haven't needed it yet, 3 quarts of Motorcraft performance manual transaxle fluid). The car also has a brand new 5000k HID kit installed (my brother previously had a 6000k installed but one of the ballasts blew and considering that kit was 4 years old I decided to replace the whole thing!).

If my asking price is met I will throw in a TWM short shifter kit with gunmetal shift **** and black leather shift boot w/ yellow stitching (to match the exterior) as well as Corksport bronzeoil shift linkage bushing kits (totals over $400+ in parts alone) that I never got around to installing!

My parents just purchased a 2012 Lexus RX350 so my father is getting rid of his 3rd car which is a 2001 Honda Accord sedan and he's offered it to me for free. Being that my wife can't drive standard it makes more sense to own a 2nd automatic car so, sadly, the Mazda has to go! My price is based on "Good" condition price found on KBB.com and I think it's fair but I will entertain REASONABLE offers...