Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way, that c10 looks sick
Old 11-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

tools are good. Over the years I've accumulated a lot of them for somebody that dosn't wrench for a living. however I did start my life as a paint and body guy, If you run into something you need an don't have maybe i might, I'm sure I could lend it to you for a couple days.
For the head bolts, I think it depends on your power goals in the future, however that said, I've seen lots of builds using e-bay whatever brand on high output n/a and boosted builds so who knows. I've allways used arp products in the past on various builds and sold them to lots of people in the past. But really for this application I wouldn't use them, just use the stock replacement stuff. If your going ***** out down the road and boosting the **** out of it, you could change them then.
for sure I'll throw together a list of stuff that we could get for what you need right now. I still have passwords for access to the online ordering warehouse from my old work, the guys were nice enough to leave me with that so I can do all the work for them (I was doing their work for them when I worked there anyways!) I'll private message you some pricing when I get a chance
Old 11-18-2015, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

thats an old picture actually, a few years ago I had it bagged and the front frame z-d. it looked sweet, but I didn't do a very good job of it when I was 18 or 19 years old. now it is on and entirely different frame with just a static drop and about the only thing that I kept from that project was the engine and trans, and the hood. the only pictures of the current c10 that I have now are just the engine bay after the lq4 and I painted the inner fenders and wheel tubs.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

hey guys, I've snatched up a 5.3 from a 2010 silverado, has a couple bent rods and broken pistons, I believe I can get away with replacing just the damaged pieces, going on monday to the machine shop to get the crank checked. I'm on an uber cheap budget with this one, so what I'm looking for is just 2 used rods and pistons with pins for this. I'm not scared of high kms, just need something in there to match the 260kms that are on it allready! anybody have anything floating around? or a dead core maybe? or know somewhere to find them? these are in an lc9 all aluminum block, 08-13 floating pin style, flat top, i believe even an iron block of the same years are the same stuff
Old 01-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

new plan, 243 heads and flex fuel injectors are going on the lq4 when I get some free time, if anybody around the area needs something, shoot me a pm, I don't need to make any money off of the stuff, I've got what I wanted off of it.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

well I know its not a truck, but nothings happening on the truck untill this gets out of my garage. Complete paint, inside and out, on a 2011 dts that came from a florida ebay buy. been in a write off, there was two cars put together to make this one, no joke, cut completely in half just behind the b pillar and at the top of the c pillars. Todays lesson is when somebody says they got a really good deal on a 3 year old luxury caddy (he got it in late 2014)... if it smells fishy... it probably is!
so anyways, whats everybody else working on right now?

Old 12-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, hows the scene around the west coast? I plan on visiting a friend in Kelowna sometime late spring, and figure i might as well make a road trip out of it and meet some new people in the process
Old 12-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usdm1993
Hey guys, hows the scene around the west coast? I plan on visiting a friend in Kelowna sometime late spring, and figure i might as well make a road trip out of it and meet some new people in the process
Depends how far west / what route you're taking. I know there are a couple of members in the Vancouver area.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dewrag
Depends how far west / what route you're taking. I know there are a couple of members in the Vancouver area.
I was thinking of taking a week off and heading from alberta to kelowna, but i'd travel to the coast if there was a decent enough scene and enough cool things to check out, i haven't been there since i was a kid.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

I'd love to hear if somebody chimes in on this,
lots of cool stuff around here, but havn't really seen any organized gatherings, i'm not the guy for doing the organizing stuff but i would certainly help out with it.