Canada eh

Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alberta

hey guys
since I whined & cried to get this section I should probly put it to use ahah.
whose from Alberta?
where are you hiding specifically?
whats your ride?
do you go to any meets or club meets?

as you can see from my stats i'm in Calgary, but I frequent Red Deer a fair bit and i've got a couple friends in the Westlock and lac la biche area
you can see my ride in my sig but the s15 has taken the back burner while i've been playing with my daily, I just cant seem to leave anything alone!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calgary here. I'm always improving my ride and should be busting into the 11's this spring with an improved exhaust. Since they closed the track here I'm gonna head up to Edmonton after the snow. Can't wait until they finish the new one here. I like to cruise on Saturday nights a lot when the weather is good.

There isn't a big performance gas truck scene around here but the diesels are fairly popular. Most people haven't dicovered the awesomeness of the LS engine in this city yet. That is my job... to show the performance noobs where they should really be putting their money.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by swift700
Calgary here. I'm always improving my ride and should be busting into the 11's this spring with an improved exhaust. Since they closed the track here I'm gonna head up to Edmonton after the snow. Can't wait until they finish the new one here. I like to cruise on Saturday nights a lot when the weather is good.

There isn't a big performance gas truck scene around here but the diesels are fairly popular. Most people haven't dicovered the awesomeness of the LS engine in this city yet. That is my job... to show the performance noobs where they should really be putting their money.
right on, whats your ride?
that sucks they closed the track here, but it was put off for how many years. did they end up buying that land out by Okotoks or what ever happened to that for the new one? are you planning to go to Castrol Speedway or is there another track in Edmonchuck?
you arent kidding about a huge lack of gas trucks with any real mods around here! lots of cheap ebay grilles, halo head lights and flow master exhausts getting over revved haha.
I think there's so many diesel guys cause of the rigs, but the issue I have with them is that mentality that comes along with it, I would never go to one of their meets cause of the attitude!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Also from Calgary I am mostly around the S.W. I have an 05 black silverado ss stock besides my volant for now, but I am installing my procharger in the spring as well as a bunch of other stuff. Not in any clubs or anything but I would love to go to meet.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jroctpb
Also from Calgary I am mostly around the S.W. I have an 05 black silverado ss stock besides my volant for now, but I am installing my procharger in the spring as well as a bunch of other stuff. Not in any clubs or anything but I would love to go to meet.
I'm in the NW
i'd like to get some meets going this spring/summer too! perhaps peter's on 16th ave, or maybe a central tim hortons with a decent parking lot?
do you already have your charger on order? what other stuff are you doing? i love the ss's, they look great!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I already have it, its sitting in its box in my house begging to be installed but there are a few things I gotta address first like the trans. other than that over this summer I wanna do exahaust, headers, meth injection, pulley down the blower and hopefully a cam. I am going to do a 2800 to 3000 stall when I do the trans. I would for sure be down if we could get some meets going in the summer. Did you install your converter or have a shop do it? Cause I am looking for a good shop to build my transmission but dont know of any in Calgary.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already have it, its sitting in its box in my house begging to be installed but there are a few things I gotta address first like the trans. other than that over this summer I wanna do exahaust, headers, meth injection, pulley down the blower and hopefully a cam. I am going to do a 2800 to 3000 stall when I do the trans. I would for sure be down if we could get some meets going in the summer. Did you install your converter or have a shop do it? Cause I am looking for a good shop to build my transmission but dont know of any in Calgary.
I ordered the converter from circle d and I put it in. I'm a 3rd year apprentice at the dalhousie canadian tire. Did a few years with blaskin and lane. A year with gsl chev city and started out at crowfoot ford haha.
Whenever I get a trans built I take it to kris karlson of mr transmission. He's now an owner but I know he'll build it well. I had a 4L60E and a TH400 built by him and both took a lot of abuse
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Okay thanks I will have to look into that I wont be getting it built for a few months but I wanna get it done before I put the procharger on.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay thanks I will have to look into that I wont be getting it built for a few months but I wanna get it done before I put the procharger on.
Sounds like a plan. You just gonna pull it and take it to them or whichever shop. Rather then paying labour for removal
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right on, whats your ride?
that sucks they closed the track here, but it was put off for how many years. did they end up buying that land out by Okotoks or what ever happened to that for the new one? are you planning to go to Castrol Speedway or is there another track in Edmonchuck?
you arent kidding about a huge lack of gas trucks with any real mods around here! lots of cheap ebay grilles, halo head lights and flow master exhausts getting over revved haha.
I think there's so many diesel guys cause of the rigs, but the issue I have with them is that mentality that comes along with it, I would never go to one of their meets cause of the attitude!
You can catch up on my ride here:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...tblock-478266/

I think some guys bought some land up by Crossiron mall and will have a world-class 1/4 mile track built by 2014. For now I just want to run an 11-second pass up at Castrol this spring. I have 1 7/8" headers and a 4-inch exhaust to go on and will be doing some more tuning after that.

Guys, we should get together one of these days. I have HP tuners and have installed a couple of superchargers, done the 80E swap, converter upgrades and all of that junk. I just put in a new trans but I wouldn't recommend the a-hole who rebuilt it. The tranny is good but the guy is a flake. I have another one in the garage that I'm going to build myself as a backup.

Quick Reply: Alberta