BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Steaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my favorite steak seasoning
Attached Thumbnails Steaks-steak.jpg  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

season all ftw lol
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nothing but salt, pepper, a USDA prime cut, and a hot skillet and oven.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle
This is my favorite steak seasoning
Thats the marinade I used on my Shark Steaks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Garlic salt. McCormick's. Lemon Pepper, Black pepper. Wrap the whole steak in alluminum foil and throw it on the grill. The juices of the steak disolve the salts and the foil keep the juices from dropping down in the grill. The steak basically marinates in itself while cooking.

When it's done, it looks different, because there aren't any grill marks, but it's soft, tender, juicy, and delicious.
i'm willing to try the tin foil idea. thanks for the tip. i like a little char but you make it sound soo joosy!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i'm willing to try the tin foil idea. thanks for the tip. i like a little char but you make it sound soo joosy!!
Just a heads up, it looks more broiled than grilled, I guess because that's actually what's happening.

Also, I wouldn't do it around friends, at least the first time. They'll all look at it and ask what the hell is wrong with it.
No grill marks, no char. It was actually something I tried years ago, over a camp fire. We had a home-made grill to throw over it, I was concerned about something with the setup, so I elected to protect my steak with the foil.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

fajita seasoning, black pepper, little bit of worstershire sauce.. pinnapple juice and brown sugar mix this all up in a ziplock bag, marinate for as long as you can 1 hr plus. and grill first searing the outside and then low heat... best flavor on steaks ever imo.. caution with high heat cause of the brown sugar on steak...
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Just a heads up, it looks more broiled than grilled, I guess because that's actually what's happening.

Also, I wouldn't do it around friends, at least the first time. They'll all look at it and ask what the hell is wrong with it.
No grill marks, no char. It was actually something I tried years ago, over a camp fire. We had a home-made grill to throw over it, I was concerned about something with the setup, so I elected to protect my steak with the foil.
LOL, I always try new recipes and marinades for myself before extending them to my friends or even my wife. It sucks to Eff up a steak in front of company.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Terryaki Sauce, and some smashed garlic and a little brown sugar...NOMNOM
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Might be beating a dead horse here, but I'm posting an update...

I've cooked steak three times on a new 24 hr. marinade I threw together, and it's not bad. Of course, amounts change with how much steak is being cooked, but the main ingredients come first.

Soy sauce, italian dressing, A-1, balsamic vinaigrette, extra virgin olive oil, siracha hot chili sauce (best all-around ingredient, ever), paprika, minced garlic, minced onions, basil, and oregano.

It sounds like overkill, but it's awesome.

Quick Reply: Steaks