BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Steaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
New York Steak: Garlic Salt, Lemon Pepper, Olive Oil. Tenderize with a dinner fork. BBQ @ 450-475°for a few minutes a side for medium rare (depends on your grille and thickness of the steak and preferred done-ness) I always let the steaks warm up to room temperature before putting them on the grille.

Tri-Tip Roast: I do an overnight bag marinade with the following goodies: Pappy's low salt seasoning (central valley guys know this stuff), olive oil, balslamic vinegar, tabasco, whisky. I mix all this stuff up so its like a paste and pour it into the bag with the meat after poking it a few times with a knife or big fork. I usually set my grille at about 375° Put the meat on at room temperature.
damn dude sounds really tasty

ok what times dinner, all this has now made me HUNGRY!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like a simple approach on a steak. Salt and pepper is what most will use and really all you need. Normally I will used kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, light sprinkle Italian seasonings and either a splash of worcestershire or a little EVOO. Sometimes I will add some garlic and onion chips to the mix above. Pull steaks from the fridge and start the above ingredients one side at a time. Let the first side rest on the counter for about 45 minutes and then flip and repeat. Normally I will leave my steaks out for 2 hours before cooking. This helps to make for a more even cook when you go to the grill. Also if you have never used a reverse sear I recommend trying it. This is how I make all my steaks and sear when the internal temp is 15-20* before your target temp. AND ALWAYS REST YOUR STEAKS FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince B
I like a simple approach on a steak. Salt and pepper is what most will use and really all you need. Normally I will used kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, light sprinkle Italian seasonings and either a splash of worcestershire or a little EVOO. Sometimes I will add some garlic and onion chips to the mix above. Pull steaks from the fridge and start the above ingredients one side at a time. Let the first side rest on the counter for about 45 minutes and then flip and repeat. Normally I will leave my steaks out for 2 hours before cooking. This helps to make for a more even cook when you go to the grill. Also if you have never used a reverse sear I recommend trying it. This is how I make all my steaks and sear when the internal temp is 15-20* before your target temp. AND ALWAYS REST YOUR STEAKS FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING!!!!!!
exactly how it should be done... i use a charcoal grill. i stack all my coals to one side and i make a extremely hot fire. and i will sear my steaks on each side it 1 helps heep the juices inside and 2 it also makes a nice crust on them. you can leave them on the opposite side (no coals) to cook untilll your prefered doneness
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'm with Stu on this one. A good ribeye is where its at. I generally go to the local butcher and get a cut of USDA black angus ribeye. I like to let them sit until room temp and then season with salt, pepper, Adolf's unseasoned meat tenderizer, Accent and Garlic Salt. I go fairly heavy on all of them except the garlic salt, as I like just a hint of garlic. I then let them sit for 30-45 mins and cook over high heat for 3-4 mins per side. Best steak that you'll ever eat as far as I'm concerned!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Might sound a like the flavors would clash, but it's awesome. Soy sauce, worchestershire, minced garlic, salt & pepper, a bit of balsamic, a bit of olive oil, a spoonful of white vinegar, and a few drops of seasame oil. No particular measures, just gauge it by taste. Throw them on the grill over some charcoal, or either cut them into strips and put them in a pan. Every blue moon, I'll throw a little extra generic Montreal seasoning on, but it usually isn't needed.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sea salt here. I work as a meat dept manager. I ordered in some USDA Prime ribeyes this past Christmas. This was the first time I ate prime and although it has a lot of marbeling ie fat and they are hard to sell at 900.00 for a case of 5 they were the best steaks I ever had. And being in the Midwest I've ate at some great steakhouses. Sea salt the outside, grill then take garlic cloves, real butter, white pepper and worshshire sauce, and parsley together. At the end dap the steak with it and it's freakin awesome
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I use Soy Sauce, Garlic and Onion Powder, and Cracked Pepper. I've toyed with many different types of marinades, but this one works best for my and my wife's tastes, and I have never had any complaints from friends or family.

Typically I like a stay with a thick cut top sirloin and sometime ribeyes. T-bones I usually stick to more of a rub with some type of glaze type marinade, but its been a while since I've done a T-bone.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

New York 1.5" thick no salt dries meat out, no piercing let's juice out. Place plain meat on hot grill turn once then sprinkle some steak spice I use Montreal steak spice turns out juicy for me (must like the taste of beef cause it's beefy tasting lol)

Last edited by Nflddog1000; 02-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Launching!

I don't. If it's a good cut of meat, just a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then a good searing. Served on the rare side of medium rare, just like it should be. Now if it's just an ok cut of meat, maybe a little tony's, natures, or I'll just make something.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Garlic salt. McCormick's. Lemon Pepper, Black pepper. Wrap the whole steak in alluminum foil and throw it on the grill. The juices of the steak disolve the salts and the foil keep the juices from dropping down in the grill. The steak basically marinates in itself while cooking.

When it's done, it looks different, because there aren't any grill marks, but it's soft, tender, juicy, and delicious.

Quick Reply: Steaks