BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

In-N-Out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-N-Out!

Well some of you might have heard, but recently a couple of In-N-Outs have opened in the North Texas area, with more to come.

The first couple days the lines were really long, and the wait was 2-4 hours depending on your method of getting it. Texas has obviously been craving this stuff

Well today I braved the crowd, and only had to wait 30 minutes from getting in line until having my food, so that wasn't terrible, compared to when it had first opened late last week.

I have to say, their stuff is really damn good. I got a 4x4, animal fries and a vanilla shake, and all of it was really top notch. You californians have really had the upper hand on fast food I'm guessing

Just curious to see if anyone else over in Texas has come over to try it yet/ what you folks in CA think about it, and what cool stuff you order
Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a waste of time. I've had a lot of good burgers, and I'm sure plenty of them have been better than in and out. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but I'm not going to drive that far to get one and I'm sure as hell not waiting that long for one.

It's still fast food.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I promise its good stuff Scott,and Derrick is correct the Animal fries are the shizz...There food is so simple its genius.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
I promise its good stuff Scott,and Derrick is correct the Animal fries are the shizz...There food is so simple its genius.
You're right, it's probably good stuff. It's not the end all be all of burgers, and I'd be willing to be most homemade burgers are better. I'd be willing to put up a five guys or kincaids burger against in and out any day. Plus you don't have to put up with the BS lines.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id have to agree with Scott on this one.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
You're right, it's probably good stuff. It's not the end all be all of burgers, and I'd be willing to be most homemade burgers are better. I'd be willing to put up a five guys or kincaids burger against in and out any day. Plus you don't have to put up with the BS lines.
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Id have to agree with Scott on this one.
Their food is pretty good, but one of their claims to fame is their food is fresh, never frozen or processed. Beef is 100 fresh ground beef never frozen, their fries are cut from whole potatoes and cooked when you order them, and all their veggies are fresh and sliced/prepared daily as well. About as close as you come to fresh home cooked for fast food as you can get.

But as far as waiting that long for "fast food" I'd wait till the newness wares off, But I ate at In-n-Out all the time in Phoenix.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Wearin' da big hat

FWIW Five Guys never freezes their meat either. And their fries are amazing and cooked fresh as well as their toppings.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nuclear, did you try the burger Animal style? The fries Animal style are good but eathing the whole serving of animal style fries is suicide.
Type in In-n-out secret menu in google and you'll find some of the other good stuff they do. I like that their menu is so simple though, 3 burgers, fries and soda/milkshake...done.

And as been said, it's all fresh, that's their claim to fame and that's why it takes so long to get your food, healthy? Probably not, but not as bad as most processed Fast food joints.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the wait, it's just because it's brand new and very popular. It will wear off soon. There are a bunch of locations coming to dfw, so anyone over this way will be able to get to one not far away.

It's probably the best fast food burger I've had, to be honest. I've had one from just about every place, and in-n-out is the winner in my book. However, more expensive sit down restaurants have burgers just as good too, and I don't think you could replace one with the other.

I've heard good things about 5 guys, along with a couple other burger joints.

Spoolin: nah, just a normal 4x4 cheeseburger. I'll be gettin the nastier burgers next time. And nah, the whole thing of animal fries wasn't too bad at all, I eat lots and lots of unhealthy food, and it wasn't near as bad as some of my meals good thing I'm still young though haha
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just when you thought Texas couldn't get any fatter...

Quick Reply: In-N-Out!