BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

the Hill Debate

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
When i used to use charcoal, i found a quick way to get it going cause i am an impatient bastard. Start the charcoals as usual with lghter fluid. Then break out your lawn blower and hose it. It takes about 1-2 min to get all the fluid burnt off and the coals cherry red. Sounds retarded but it works great
Foced induction for charcoal.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trever1t
lol, well thanks, foil pouches and chucks of sweet fruit wood sounds like a weener. I ended up taking that grill back to Home Depot after reading all the reviews and checking it out a little closer I'm gonna look around for a real nice one.

I have a webber coal grill that does ok, the Mrs. wants a burner outside (cook stinky fish) so a gas burner is a mandate.

Got any recommendations for a good gas grill big enough to fit a few racks with a big side burner that won't break the bank? Rotisserie attachments?
Bill I really have had great luck with my Weber's and if I had to go and get a new gasser it would be a Weber. There are a million different grills out there and some new technology is the use of pellets. These replace gas and charcoal! I guess it all comes down to how deep your pockets are!

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
When i used to use charcoal, i found a quick way to get it going cause i am an impatient bastard. Start the charcoals as usual with lghter fluid. Then break out your lawn blower and hose it. It takes about 1-2 min to get all the fluid burnt off and the coals cherry red. Sounds retarded but it works great

Anyways i need to try that foil trick

Lighter fluid??????I personally like to use a chimney starter and the air hose from my air compressor! I've actually started to get lazy and do not even use paper to get it going anymore. The side burner on my gas grill works pretty well and so does the old turkey fryer burner! I think my next addition will be a week burner.