BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Chicken Prep/Cooking Recipes

Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good recipes for sure! Keep them coming! I know there isn't many ways to cook boneless/skinless chicken only because it is the same type of meat lol
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, brine and any seasons you want. The dry rub them with what ever seasonings you had in the brine (new seasonings). That salty brine keeps those fuggers juicy!!

I used to do the italian dressing and garlic all the time...great stuff!

Chicken takes all rubs and marinades nicely. Experiment with all kinds of seasonings!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i usualy marinate chicken in italian dressing for a few hours to a day, then make a dry rub of salt, garlic, pepper, paprika, and some tonys or cayenne pepper if you like.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems that Italian Dressing is the marinate of choice!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ducky
It seems that Italian Dressing is the marinate of choice!
Because it's effing good. Try squeezing a lemon and throwing the juice and remains in with the italian dressing too.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Soak in italian dressing. Cook on the grill. When you turn it over for the last time, take a italian dressing/diced Roma tomato/shredded mozzarella cheese sauce and cover each piece and cook until the chicken is done/cheese is melted.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Soaked it in italian dressing for probably 5 hours and they definitely came out way better! Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually cook 4 boneless breast at the same time, I take them in a glass baking dish and cover them lightly with Dales seasoning, then top them with tony's and some garlic powder( not garlic salt, too much salt). then i flip them and repeat. After they have been lightly covered, I cover the dish and put it in the refrigerator for a hour or so (the longer they stay the juicer they will be). Take them out about 30-40 minutes before putting on the grill and let them come closer to room temp. 8-14 minutes on each side depending on heat and size of breast and you whip up some mashed potatoes, steamed butter asparagus, and some cheddar bay biscuits and you have a gourmet meal! I like to cook hot to start with and create "lines" on the chicken then drop from 500 ish to around 400-425.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lownslo
I usually cook 4 boneless breast at the same time, I take them in a glass baking dish and cover them lightly with Dales seasoning, then top them with tony's and some garlic powder( not garlic salt, too much salt). then i flip them and repeat. After they have been lightly covered, I cover the dish and put it in the refrigerator for a hour or so (the longer they stay the juicer they will be). Take them out about 30-40 minutes before putting on the grill and let them come closer to room temp. 8-14 minutes on each side depending on heat and size of breast and you whip up some mashed potatoes, steamed butter asparagus, and some cheddar bay biscuits and you have a gourmet meal! I like to cook hot to start with and create "lines" on the chicken then drop from 500 ish to around 400-425.
I like that idea.

A friend of mine would sear the chicken for a little bit on both sides in a pan, then bake it to bring the juices out.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
i usualy marinate chicken in italian dressing for a few hours to a day, then make a dry rub of salt, garlic, pepper, paprika, and some tonys or cayenne pepper if you like.
I tried this over the weekend and liked it pretty well! I also threw some cooked pasta into a skillet and tossed in a little olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper to eat with, and a fresh salad with more Italian dressing. Was a very good, easy meal!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicken Prep/Cooking Recipes