BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Chicken Prep/Cooking Recipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chicken Prep/Cooking Recipes

Well I eat A LOT of boneless/skinless chicken breast. What sort of prep do you do before you cook chicken the following way (Boil/bake/grill). I am looking for different sorts of spices you use, maybe some sort of marinate, or if you just flat out cook the chicken.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I want something quick I just do a dry rub and throw it on the grill.

I also like to butterfly a breast. Then I cut a jalapeno in two halves. Fill each with cream cheese. put one half inside each breast then season it. Wrap it in a slice of bacon and use a tooth pick to hold it together. I then wrap it in foil with a little butter inside it and grill it for around 45 minutes.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had great success with marinading them in BBQ sauce along with some old bay, lemmon pepper for a hour or so.. Then sticking them on the grill..
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JFOLM
If I want something quick I just do a dry rub and throw it on the grill.

I also like to butterfly a breast. Then I cut a jalapeno in two halves. Fill each with cream cheese. put one half inside each breast then season it. Wrap it in a slice of bacon and use a tooth pick to hold it together. I then wrap it in foil with a little butter inside it and grill it for around 45 minutes.
I'll definitely try the butterfly wrap. I have done a similar kind of wrap in the oven but not that one.

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I have had great success with marinading them in BBQ sauce along with some old bay, lemmon pepper for a hour or so.. Then sticking them on the grill..
Yeah that's what I usually did, just some quick seasoning and throw it on. I didn't know if people had other tricks like they do with meat.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:46 PM
The House is Rockin'

i let it sit in italian dressing, and fresh crushed garlic over night. then i throw some salt and pep right before grilling.

speaking of chicken i have some "chicken cacciatore" on the stove cooking right now smells sooo gooood!

i will also put chicken breasts in the crock pot with bbq sauce, and a few other spices and cook it for 10 hours, then i shred it up and make pulled bbg chicken sandwichs, everybody swears it is pork
Old 05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
i let it sit in italian dressing, and fresh crushed garlic over night. then i throw some salt and pep right before grilling.

speaking of chicken i have some "chicken cacciatore" on the stove cooking right now smells sooo gooood!

i will also put chicken breasts in the crock pot with bbq sauce, and a few other spices and cook it for 10 hours, then i shred it up and make pulled bbg chicken sandwichs, everybody swears it is pork
Do you use a plain ol' off the shelf sauce or something special? One time my g/f tried this and she used nothing but hot sauce. I could not even take a bite! She realized she subsited the hot sauce for bbq sauce lol.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM

For breasts I usually brine or marinade. Then a little rub before going on either the grill or the smoker.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN

Both of those sound good, I have been specifically wanting to see what people do for marinate in a bag overnight.

Originally Posted by Vince B
For breasts I usually brine or marinade. Then a little rub before going on either the grill or the smoker.
What sort of rub/marinade do you use?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Do you use a plain ol' off the shelf sauce or something special? One time my g/f tried this and she used nothing but hot sauce. I could not even take a bite! She realized she subsited the hot sauce for bbq sauce lol.

off the shelf, i only use bullseye original. but i add a few other spices in with it to doctor it up.

oh and the hot sauce mistake
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 AM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by ducky
Both of those sound good, I have been specifically wanting to see what people do for marinate in a bag overnight.
i have marinated chicken for 3 days before, it will have a stronger taste of what ever you marinate it with, when you get ready to put the chicken in the bag make sure to take a fork and stick the chicken a few time on each side, so the marinate will soak into the meat

Quick Reply: Chicken Prep/Cooking Recipes