BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Best bbq rib ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best bbq rib ideas

Hey guys big bbq rib fan here an I need some bbq rib lessons. First off I have never bbq'd any ribs my self but I'm really interested in finding out wats the best I can find from u guys.
My questions are whats the best sauce out there wheather its homemade or off the shelf?
How's the best way to grill em so there nice an soft and juicy?
How long and at what temp?

Anybody know how to grill the best darn ribs out there an ain't afraid to show it then let's see what u got.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll throw you a bone. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

i choose pork ribs more meat and juicy.. rub them down real good with any rub you can make, salt garlic powder, black pepper, cumin.. etc.. you can make your own..

always cook these on low heat 250-300 and away from the fire.. for about 4-6 hours adding wood as the fire dies down..when there is about 30 min left of cooking time i add my fav bbq sauce.. cook for another 30 mins and done... so good.. some people like dry ribs so the sauce at the end is optional.. i use hickory wood.. and charcoal... always put you fire on one side of the pit away from the smoke stack.. for example. if you have an old smokey type pit.. put your fire on one side and ribs on the other.. and let it cook...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Country Style Ribs!!!! Pork! Use 1 cup Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Cuisine, 1 cup of brown sugar and some Black pepper mix it up in a bowl ! Ya wanna put a decent amount of Tonys all over the ribs. (don't cake it on) Let them sit for 3 hrs in the fridge then get your gas grill hot and grill them for about 3 min a side turning them 4 times. Once ya have a nice brown char Not Black! Take them add some real butter and wrap in foil tightly stick em in the oven at 300 for about 3 hrs. Now let them sit and cool! Then eat up!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1969x11
Great advise. Can you guess what my user name is over there?

Originally Posted by speedchain
Hey guys big bbq rib fan here an I need some bbq rib lessons. First off I have never bbq'd any ribs my self but I'm really interested in finding out wats the best I can find from u guys.
My questions are whats the best sauce out there wheather its homemade or off the shelf?
How's the best way to grill em so there nice an soft and juicy?
How long and at what temp?

Anybody know how to grill the best darn ribs out there an ain't afraid to show it then let's see what u got.
The advise above is very solid advise for any outdoor cooking devise. I have learned a ton on that forum and the traffic is nuts over there. You will get replies very quick when you need them. Most of the members are either just regular backyard cooks or full blown competition cooks.

In your case I would need to know what kind of grill you plan on using to tell you what to do. Also I would recommend that if your grill does not have a thermometer you need to get one. I have 3 different grills, one smoker here at the house, one at my parents house and turkey fryer that use for my OCD disorder! OCD=outdoor cooking disease.

For rubs and sauces that is really an open ended question. Everyone's tastes are different so its hard to answer that one. With ribs I would start out simple with just course salt and course pepper. Maybe a little garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sugars, chili powders, and so on. I actually purchased a couple recipes on line for the mixtures from a couple of diehards I ran into on the forums. You can find tons of base recipe rubs and sauces on line and then tweak them to your liking.

A good base recipe sauce I bought can be found here.Smoking Ribs Made Easy Using My Special Tips and Tricks Jeff has a ton of recipe's on his site and also has monthly news letters he sends out for different types of food. I use his rub and sauce recipe often. Depending on my mood I might reduce or increase the amount of pepper he uses.

Below are some pic's of the rib cooks from the past. Please post what kind of grill you might be using and I'll help you the best I can. Enjoy! Vince

Name:  11-2010005.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  95.3 KB
Name:  11-2010002.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  DSCF0005-14.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  80.1 KB
Name:  DSCF0011-13.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  84.2 KB
Name:  DSCF0075-1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  76.6 KB
Name:  DSCF0095.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  50.4 KB
Name:  smoker593.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  103.3 KB
Name:  smoker614.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  134.3 KB
Name:  smoker623.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  116.0 KB
Name:  DSCF0028-2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  84.1 KB
Name:  DSCF0008-3.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  81.1 KB
Name:  DSCF0015-2.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  79.0 KB
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^omg... thats what im talking about.. but imo all meats should be smoked no GAS GRILLS!!!!! unless its a steak... lol..
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JAVI05 The gas grill in my pic was just to sauce them. I will use my gas grill at times with a smoker box in it but not very often. If you see the picture where I used the rib rack with the ribs stacked everywhere..........the pic with the gas grill was from that cook. I think I made like 7 or 8 slabs of ribs in my weber smoker for a party I had at the house. Just did not enough room to sauce all those at once so the gas grill worked fine. Plus after the first hours in the smoker I do not feel ribs are taking in anymore smoke flavor. Thanks for the comment. Vince
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a post in here somewhere bout brown sugar ribs! Personally my favorite!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

go ...no...run to sams and buy you that master built electric smoker for $299

go to market and pick you up some baby backs....remove the membrane from the back of the ribs...dry rub the crap outta them....fill chip tray with hickory chips and turn smoker on at 225 deg. set ribs on upper grill for 4 hrs if meaty ribs or 3 hrs for super trimed....add chips every 30-40 minutes for the time above...pull ribs out and wrap . put back inside for 2 hrs at 225 deg...take out of wrap and heat at 225 for additional 1 hr...pull off and serve....best ya ever had

Last edited by bud8fan; 06-04-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a lot of rub dry no sauce. smoke them at 220 degrees till 180 internal temp. spritz with apple juice. let them rest at least 10 minutes. then use your prefered sauce. i like st.louis or baby back. enjoy!

Quick Reply: Best bbq rib ideas