Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

10.4l

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, I plan on visiting raylar in person here soon. Love to check out your setup if you are available.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raylar visit...

Sounds good, when are you planning to stop by San Diego? Let me know and I'll see if I'll be available.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Shoot me your contact info should be soon
Old 09-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Default Raylar cam for sale...

Since starting this project it was pointed out to me my cam should be larger for the displacement. That said I have a Raylar cam for sale. I believe it's either one of the forced induction cam or a custom grind they had done. Get back to me if you're interested. $200 and shipping will take it.
Attached Thumbnails 10.4l-cam.jpg   10.4l-raylar-intake-side.jpg   10.4l-raylar-exhaust-side.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm???
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vulcanraven
Since starting this project it was pointed out to me my cam should be larger for the displacement. That said I have a Raylar BP-213 cam for sale. I believe it's the largest off-the-shelf grind they had done. Get back to me if you're interested. $200 and shipping will take it.
You've got the BP-213 which is the same camshaft from our HO750. The HO750 were 632cid engines as well and made a very daily steetable 765hp / 819ft-lbs, so your wild 634 build is going to make for one heck of a sleeper!

Last edited by Raylar Engineering; 10-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when did you all start making that big of a motor? ill have to get on the web page lol.

In building the big big ci motor, from what i have been told the money is in the rod length and heads.. I dont build motors so i cant chime in on why and how, all i know is that buddies that build motor say something about the rods. either the stroke or angle or something when going huge becomes the issue..

I keep an eye open for that dart mountain block. 11.5" one. figured 750ci would be fun and thats where the rod expense and head conversation came about..
Old 12-23-2014, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kerr
when did you all start making that big of a motor? ill have to get on the web page lol.

In building the big big ci motor, from what i have been told the money is in the rod length and heads.. I dont build motors so i cant chime in on why and how, all i know is that buddies that build motor say something about the rods. either the stroke or angle or something when going huge becomes the issue..
We've done the HO750 since back in the early 2000s. We didn't have a lot of call for it though, most people are interested in working with what they already have.

The issue your friend was mentioning was probably rod angle, which is the angle of the rod as it rotates around the crank within the block.

Longer strokes produce more load on the cylinder walls, which may wear them out faster. Long strokes also increases piston speed, which if you really overdo it can cause problems there as well. On the other hand, after daily driving the 4.75 stroke crankshaft in the Suburban every day for the last year (and the numerous 600 cube vehicles on the road), I can tell you that they are completely reliable in street setups. To go one further, the Honda Civic SI is a stroker variant of the base engine and has a higher stroke to bore ratio than the 4.75 crank setup - and we're certainly not spinning these motors like the VTECs!

In a marine application, theres a possibility that long stroke engines and sustained high RPM (5000rpm for several hours straight) use could lead to reliability issues, however we haven't seen that from our 4.5 inch stroker kits. Its actually for the above reasons we recommend 4.5 stroke kits for marine use and 4.75 kits for street use.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got ya! I dont build motors, so i just go by what the people tell me that do... I figure that like going to surgery if Doc says this how its done im good with it because im no surgeon lol.